is a 170amp ho alt good enough for AQ3500D.1?

Participant count
  • Participant list
its not always ALL about the alt... for cars like hondas, which have very small alts to begin with... you can substitute a lil bit with extra batt power... but that only goes so far

you'll def be pushing the limit on that... how many and type of batts will you be running, and what final load will the AQ see?
I have a huge red stinger battery in the front(forgot the model on it) and a smaller stinger battery in the back. I really dont know the models on them. I plan on putting kinetic though in the future. Ill also be running it at 1 ohm. That ho alt runs at 110 amps at idle btw.

I have a huge red stinger battery in the front(forgot the model on it) and a smaller stinger battery in the back. I really dont know the models on them. I plan on putting kinetic though in the future. Ill also be running it at 1 ohm. That ho alt runs at 110 amps at idle btw.
eek... i would say, if its just going to be for burps.. you could make it work... but as a daily, with those batts, and that impendance load, that amp will be seeing below 12v quite often

eek... i would say, if its just going to be for burps.. you could make it work... but as a daily, with those batts, and that impendance load, that amp will be seeing below 12v quite often
What would be a good alternator size to keep the voltage up with that amp? I noticed high output alternators for honda accords tend to be pricey. I checked ebay and its all junk. DC is the only good one ive found, but the price is a little too high.

What would be a good alternator size to keep the voltage up with that amp? I noticed high output alternators for honda accords tend to be pricey. I checked ebay and its all junk. DC is the only good one ive found, but the price is a little too high.
the problem with hondas, in general, is the casing size on the alt... its just really hard to fit enough into that small of a casing size to put out more then 170... but for that, on a daily setup, i would say at a MINIMUM, 220 with atleast 2 good helper batts... wish i could help you with a good link for that size on a honda, but i have yet to see any quuality ones

i know that mechman will build a custom alt for you, but that can be pretty pricey... but if you can afford it, it'll def be worth it

DC also has great quality, and will build custom... but their custom builds can take FOREVER, and are also somewhat pricey

you might also want to contact ohio generators, as they might be able to help you out

I have a 96 honda accord with a 90 amp stalk alternator. I know for sure I need a ho alt for that AQ3500D amp. But will a dc 170 amp ho alternator be enough? thanks
really that was what sounded best in your head.. hmm ok..

like the saying goes you gotta pay to play.. can you run it sure.. would I.. NO.. I wouldn't use a redtop period.. for any draw..

the problem with hondas, in general, is the casing size on the alt... its just really hard to fit enough into that small of a casing size to put out more then 170... but for that, on a daily setup, i would say at a MINIMUM, 220 with atleast 2 good helper batts... wish i could help you with a good link for that size on a honda, but i have yet to see any quuality ones
i know that mechman will build a custom alt for you, but that can be pretty pricey... but if you can afford it, it'll def be worth it

DC also has great quality, and will build custom... but their custom builds can take FOREVER, and are also somewhat pricey

you might also want to contact ohio generators, as they might be able to help you out
Oh, I called them. My friend has a shop and told them about the amp and about my car. They said they can get me an ho alt that does around 180-193 amps for $395 as long as we show them the tax id of the shop.

thanks for all your help though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

myjaja

10+ year member
Audioque
myjaja
San Antonio, Tx Posts: 143,632 _____<^>*_*&l
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date