ipods vs androids?

sounds_explicit

Senior VIP Member
debating on erasing all my old music i pirated on my ipod and trying to find all that same music at a better bit rate (320) again

vs either using pandora or spotify on my galaxy phone.

not sure on how good the quality of a paid account on pandora is but spotify has exremely high quality music via mobile devices. so they say

iv noticed before that my ipod plays music a lot louder than my phone does. but m not sure if its worse or not?

what do you guy think about using a ipod vs a phone? they both are connected via aux. does a ipod give out a stonger signal that my phone? if thats possible. like a head unit has preout voltages.

ive noticed that some songs sound extremely harsh on my ipod but i think the music is a little distorted from pirating at a lower quality.

i have 747 songs on my ipod thats alot of music to try and find again thats at 320 quality.

so let me know

I say get legitimate high quality music and connect via usb. I don't use Frostwire for music or my Auxiliary input on my headunit anymore. Both are poor quality sources. Also, streaming music will either use a lot of data or sacrifice sound quality. Sketchy pirating, aux input, and streaming are all shitty sources.

Spend a little money on Itunes for what you really like to listen to (unless you listen to 700 songs all the time), then connect via a usb input for lossless playback.

yea my only option i guess is to re dl everything in ghigher quality.

i agree that it will kill my data like crazy. is also a reason why m debating on doing a switch.

i have a older pioneer deck that is better decent has all the functions i need.

deh-p2900mp

DEH-P2900MP - Connectability for more enjoyment with Satellite Radio and your iPod | Pioneer Electronics USA

although it only has aux port or sat radio capabilities.

its able to change my freq and suites what i need.

so a head unit with a usb is far superior over a aux?

USB > Aux anyday. As for music, pirated music is often higher quality than iTunes. However, a rooted Android with Viper4Android installed can sound quite, quite nice via Aux. ALso, Spotify's extreme quality isn't too shabby, at least via USB on my iPod.

yea my only option i guess is to re dl everything in ghigher quality. i agree that it will kill my data like crazy. is also a reason why m debating on doing a switch.

i have a older pioneer deck that is better decent has all the functions i need.

deh-p2900mp

DEH-P2900MP - Connectability for more enjoyment with Satellite Radio and your iPod | Pioneer Electronics USA

although it only has aux port or sat radio capabilities.

its able to change my freq and suites what i need.

so a head unit with a usb is far superior over a aux?
you'll also notice a big SQ difference if you switch to a better head unit with proper 24 bit burr brown DACs. Ipods have better built Digital audio convertors than androids, the signal you get is a lot stronger vs an android.

Sure there is software that can help but android just does not have the built in hardware to really compete in this area.

for high quality mp3, u can get a temp google music subscription (9.99) and get an android phone and download a file call musicmate.apk, then find all the music u want, add to ur library, then use music mate to download them all (removes all the drm) google music is 320kbps mp3.

Poweramp App on Android is great to fine tune music too.

musicmate.apk checking that out now...

I download FLAC files or use djslowfets stuff for most of my music.

I'm considering going back to an ipod just due to how much better they're integrated into head units. Almost every h/u works great with apple junk, but finding decent android integration is a craaap shot.

AUX is a good source, but phones and mp3 players raise the gain by adding there own power.

Bluetooth raises the gain also when streaming, doesnt matter if its pandora or downloaded mp3s.

The cleanest source possible is usb as the headunit uses its own codecs and purifies the mp3 which means it plays, but will not add any gain or raise the volume past its true encoded volume.

As far as sound quality you will not notice a difference between 192kbps, 128kbps, or 320kbps.

Phones/players degrade quality and headunits purify the song files to 192kbps stereo no matter what to keep the limited cache lower.

Only a true headunit with flac support will play pure studio recording sound.

Just make sure all songs have been remastered to remove all clipping.

Like i said all mp3s not remastered will have clipping and distortion. Flac and wma are true lossless or near lossless formats.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

Flac has clipping sometimes too. Analyzed a few cd linkin park and a few metalcore cd tracks on audacity. There's always a little bit of distortion in musical recordings thats inherent in the track.

Flac has clipping sometimes too. Analyzed a few cd linkin park and a few metalcore cd tracks on audacity. There's always a little bit of distortion in musical recordings thats inherent in the track.
Rock, heavy metal, any of those tight bass music isnt good for car audio anyway [emoji14]

Rock, heavy metal, any of those tight bass music isnt good for car audio anyway [emoji14]
agreed. much nicer/cleaner kick when mids and highs are in sealed home audio enclosures without having any noisy environments interfering. Just got a pair of image dynamics CTX 4s for an A pillar project but currently have them in a sealed box for testing purposes and sh*t I think imma buy another pair and make a mobile or cooler boom box out of them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.