iPod?

Alpine is working on a iPod interface for all their Ai-NET Head Units. It'll be released late September according to them for approx. $100.
http://www.alpine-usa.com/products/leading_technology/leading_tech_kca-420i.htm Go there for more information.

You can always go the AUX input direction..
the cool thing is about the iPod interface that alpine is working on, is that you are supposed to be able to control your iPod from the deck, just as you would an mp3 cd, you can view the seperate playlists just as you would folders and what not. the is the only advantage to alpines latest gadget as to the traditional mini jack to rca cable going to your aux. input. i too am interested this thing because i have everything i need on my iPod, and it is so much easier to carry around than a cd case.

ooh, maybe an incentive to finally buy an iPod...if it works with a 7894 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

ooh, maybe an incentive to finally buy an iPod...if it works with a 7894 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
dude, iPod is the only way to do it. i love mine to death. you cant beat it. hold any type of file. i use it a lot for school. when i have to save stuff at school i just save it to my iPod. just plug it into any usb port and it pops up under my computer as another hard drive, no software necessary. any as far as the music goes, it sounds pretty good, with a ton preset setting for the eq. i would strongly recommend it.

Ipod's have a very neutral sound, probably the most neutral sound you're going to hear for mp3 players. They are very useful little pods, my 10gig holds 1600 songs at the moment, with a lot of space to spare. I never use cd's anymore, just ipod.

The smartlist feature on an ipod is extremely versatile. You can set up pretty much ANY kind of play list you want. For example I have a play list that will play rock genre, but not songs I've heard in the past day, but only the rock songs I have rated with 3 or more stars... etc etc. I always hear what I want, an ever changing play list of my favorite hundreds of songs never hearing the same one twice in a day.

I have mine hooked up through the aux input on my clarion dxz835mp. It works pretty well. I bought the belkin charger/aux input cable. Instead of running a mini jack/rca cable from my ipod to my h/u, I run a charger cable to the firewire port on the bottom that has a mini jack on the part that plugs into the cigarette lighter. The charger cable also has a built in amp that sounds much cleaner than the ipod's mini jack amp. The only downside to these is the amp (which some don't necessarily need) and the ground loop. Basically if you have ground loop problems with this amp/charger you'll have to run a ground loop isolator (which can limit certain frequencies screwing your SQ) or rewire the charger/amp cable from belkin so it doesn't share a ground with the cigarette lighter or something like that. I used to frequent the ipodlounge forums in the car audio section and the number one problem with these was the ground loop. I've read a dozen or more solutions though.

For more information see http://www.ipodlounge.com/forums/

ooo...i wonder if you can help me with a prob im having with the ipod. i put some songs on it the day i got it, now i am in the process of importing all my cds into mp3s, but now my computer wont recoginze the ipod, it will charge it but it wont recognize it so i can add more songs. im running windows xp and using usb connection...any ideas?

Unplug your ipod from the computer, THEN reboot your computer. Once it reboots and you plug it in there should not be any problems or annoying programs asking you to format it again. If this doesn't work then just format it again (you'll lose the information on it). Remember, XP users should unplug their ipod before restarting the computer and always when the computer is turned off.

on the original question:

You should be able to plug in an RF emitter to it. They are cheap at CC and BB (less than $20).

It would be a good temporary input (till the better interface comes out) and you can also use it in your friends cars :p

i tried the restarting thing but how do you format the ipod if the computer doesnt see it? is there a way in the ipod istelf to do it? ive seen the updater program that has the option to format it but it doesnt detect my ipod when it is connected so i cant do it thorugh that

on the original question:
You should be able to plug in an RF emitter to it. They are cheap at CC and BB (less than $20).

It would be a good temporary input (till the better interface comes out) and you can also use it in your friends cars :p
yeah ive seen those i ahve given thought to getting one but would you loose in sound quality in the transmision?

Yeah they ****, don't bother. Use an auxilery input. That or one of those FM modulators that you actually hook into the spot where your antennae plugs in. Of course then you don't have the FM radio.

Aux input is the way to go, don't waste time on those shitty emmitters. Especially if you live in a populous city.

i tried the restarting thing but how do you format the ipod if the computer doesnt see it? is there a way in the ipod istelf to do it? ive seen the updater program that has the option to format it but it doesnt detect my ipod when it is connected so i cant do it thorugh that
i was having that problem, but then i reloaded the itunes program and then it worked. havent had any problems since.

Currently, i have a 20GB ipod hooked up to my eclipse8053. I love having 2,500 in my truck...plus plenty of room left over. Right now, i use the analog in...but i really wish there was a way i could utilize digital in on this HU. oh well, sound good...not perfect...but **** good. peace

NG

i too use an ipod for my car system. much better than a cd changer or mp3 cd. i'm currently using the belkin car connection kit. it works really well with the aux adapter for my hu. i really hope the ipod interface alpine is soon to release will be compatible with the 9815. anyways if you really want to read up on info about connecting your ipod to your car, head over to http://www.ipodlounge.com. they have section on their forum dedicated to car installs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.