IPOD with alpine AUX input

Participant count
  • Participant list

slack
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
NC
hi all, i have a question. I want to hook up my ipod to my alpine radio and i dont wanna use one of those **** fm transmitters. so see if u can help me out.

I have an alpine cda-9827 head unit currently using the sirius SIR-ALP1 for my sat radio. Now, i have found the Alpine KCA-121B, which lets u connect an aux to the alpine ai-net connection. Now Can i still use the KCA-121B to use my ipod with the SIR-ALP1? i see the SIR-ALP1 has another AI-net input to "daisy chain" a cd changer. Would this work? thanks

i use the peripheral ipod interface for aftermarket head units with my 9855. it charges the ipod and plays through the changer port. the volume on the ipod is defeated so you use your head units volume, but all other controls are active on the ipod. it works great. i love it. much better than the full speed system from alpine.

I believe you should have no problem hooking up the auxillary wire. If I remember correctly, you wouldn't be able to hook up the KCA-420i ipod controller AND the Sirius controller.

I used to have the 9827 and regret leaving it in the car I sold. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

i use the peripheral ipod interface for aftermarket head units with my 9855. it charges the ipod and plays through the changer port. the volume on the ipod is defeated so you use your head units volume, but all other controls are active on the ipod. it works great. i love it. much better than the full speed system from alpine.
care to post a link?

interesting, i think i will stick with the KCA-121B as it seems like the easy and cheaper solution.

i know what u mean dkmesa, the 9827 is a great head unit, had it for 2 years now and never any problems and does everything i need. I just wish i could hook my ipod straight to the deck like the newer alpine head units. ive been burning and burning cds and have a stack of cds a million high, now i pretty much have all my music on my ipod and no fumbling around with any cds haha. thanks for the help guys

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.