Ipod touch Kenwood head unit

toledokid
10+ year member

Anyone with the KDC-X693 care to shed some light on if the new iPod Touch works?

My car got broken into at work and they managed to lift my subwoofers and all my amps, including my iPod, (Took them about a minute... you never realize how quick it happens till it happens to you...) but I got most everything back but the 8 year old Kenwood amp, and the iPod, unfortunately...

Long story short, I plan on replacing the iPod Classic with a 64 gig Touch... anyone know if they work?

when the 3g went to 3.xxx it did cause a slight problem but nothing that you can't easily get around. with the streaming bt now i have to wait until the phone has paired with the hu before i can connect the cord. once they do everything is fine but if the cord is connected first you have to undo/redo it after the pairing is done.

ah i got the one without bluetooth, just planning on plugging it in through the USB, hope there are no problems since I already ordered it. rofl.

also anyone know if it will charge up the ipod touch? If it doesn't that would kinda ****... :\

Doesn't charge it, you need an adapter for it.
gawd ****it, i should have just bought a 160 gig classic and used it as my virtual jukebox.

Oh well, gives me an excuse to never leave it out in the car I suppose. **** hooligans stealing my stereo equipment and iPods.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Thanks, but I'm not sure how I could work that into my setup, I drive a GTP, and my iPod would fit perfectly in the thing in front of the shifter where most people keep their change, and adding on a bulky thing like that would probably make me need to find a new spot to keep it at....

then again keeping it in the glove box out of sight might help.

ONTO a new question, heh , thanks, I got the touch I didn't notice if it did or didn't charge for me, but recently I noticed after significantly turning up my gains my cd player skips store bought cd.

most recently bought ti - paper trail and by the 30second mark in Im Illy it starts skipping... any quick ideas on what might be wrong? everything is securely mounted, used a cd cleaner (one of the ones that cleans the lens) and it's not even 6 months old (the head unit).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.