Ipod sound quality...

Inernal D/A is the only way to go, man.

CD's, and even VBR MP3 Cd's 320kb

You will tell a difference between ipod and a cd, or even an mp3 cd played in your deck.

Until ipod comes out with a model with high-voltage pre-outs specifically for the purpose of ipod-headunit docking, or a head unit come out with a digital firewire interface to digitally transfer the song to the deck, and use internal converters, i would steer clear if you actually care about SQ.

make sure you hard wire it also. if you use the radio adaptor don't expect the quality to be any better then radio.

OK....not to steal the thread but what you're sayin' makes me curious...this item right here is what I would need in order to hook an iPod up to my HU...

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6443.html

this would be considered a radio adapter yes?

and if so...what is hard wiring?

OK....not to steal the thread but what you're sayin' makes me curious...this item right here is what I would need in order to hook an iPod up to my HU...http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6443.html

this would be considered a radio adapter yes?

and if so...what is hard wiring?
RCAS...
i can tell the difference between a 192kbps and a CD but... the difference is so small that i don't care...

don't do stuff while you're ripping the music ... You have no idea how many songs I've downloaded off the internet where you can hear mouse clicks, keyboard strokes, and even the sound you get when someone messages you on MSN ... Ugh, pisses me off so much ...

Those noises are usually tags embedded into the song that a user puts in to mark his music. They have nothing to do with your other internet activity.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
I sure can. And anybody with a properly tuned stereo (or good pair of headphones) should be able to as well.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

If ripped well, you wont be able to hear the difference between a high bitrate (320vbr) mp3 over a cd... nomatter how much you talk up your leet, 'properly tuned stereo'. Its called psychoacoustics douche

I sure can. And anybody with a properly tuned stereo (or good pair of headphones) should be able to as well.

I used to load up .flac (free lossless audio codec) files onto my MP3 player (iAudio X5L) and run the lineout (something the iPod doesn't have) output into the auxiliary input on my headunit...

That's the best portable >> car audio method I can think of without doing anything ridiculous.

x2. i have the x5, the line out is nice, and dosnt sound too bad at all.

Until ipod comes out with a model with high-voltage pre-outs specifically for the purpose of ipod-headunit docking, or a head unit come out with a digital firewire interface to digitally transfer the song to the deck, and use internal converters, i would steer clear if you actually care about SQ.
Isn't that what Pioneer's specific IPOD adapter does? I don't think it plugs into the headphone jack, just at dock connector port. Maybe it's just another audio out where it plugs in down there?

personal experience, satellite radio is the better route, costs less in the end too :cheesy: and you can still pause the music, but thats if you like random music and don't care too much for ordinary. ever since i got my satellite, i rarely use my ipod, and the sound quality is somewhat that of the radio more or less than a cd, its ment to drive headphones, not an aux in or fm modulator......if your active though, i'd recomend one.

Isn't that what Pioneer's specific IPOD adapter does? I don't think it plugs into the headphone jack, just at dock connector port. Maybe it's just another audio out where it plugs in down there?
that's still analog, that's where the line out connection is.

that's a better route than the headhone jack, cause the headphone jack actually has a 30 or 40hz high pass x-over, but it's still analog, and less than optimum voltage for wires that are gonna run through your dash.

allofmp3? No, it is not too good to be true. I've gotten tons of CDs off of there, and it's really worth a dollar or 2 an album too.
how do you find out the prices for OEEX quality downloads

the $1-2 price per album is for 192kpbs

can you get programs to conver songs that are 128-192 kbps to 320kbps?
No. The loss in the recording has already occurred. It would be a waste of time

As long as you don't wrap the signal wire round the blower motor, you aren't going to pick up any noise in the dash. If it was the problem that every claims that it is, your system would be noisy as hell if you were to turn down the volume.

No. The loss in the recording has already occurred. It would be a waste of time
As long as you don't wrap the signal wire round the blower motor, you aren't going to pick up any noise in the dash. If it was the problem that every claims that it is, your system would be noisy as hell if you were to turn down the volume.
alright thats what i was thinking. i have an older alpine and i got the rca input adapter

I used to load up .flac (free lossless audio codec) files onto my MP3 player (iAudio X5L) and run the lineout (something the iPod doesn't have) output into the auxiliary input on my headunit...

That's the best portable >> car audio method I can think of without doing anything ridiculous.
My Belkin power adapter has a line out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.