iPod ready decks...

Participant count
  • Participant list

radiocore

AR
Ok, I was looking for the best iPod ready decks, but since I don't have the ability to test this feature out before I buy it, I was hoping some of you guys could help me with some of my questions. I've already done some searching, and learned a little, but I still don't know quite what I want. First off, I found that the following companies make iPod ready decks:

Alpine

Kenwood

Pioneer

Am I missing any?

On to my main questions:

Which deck has the least limitation?

I've heard that some iPod solutions limit the functionality of the iPod. With the products that connect your iPod to you stock stereo, you appearantly have to use your cd changer controls to play 6 different playlists and thats it. Do these iPod ready decks function the same, or do they allow you to browse as many playlists and individual songs as you want? Is there a limit to how many songs the deck can see? I know every feature on the iPod will not be available, but as long as I can access ALL of my songs I will be happy.

Which deck has the easiest/quickest navigation?

I've always thought using the volume knob to scroll through songs would be pretty quick and easy, do any players use this, or do they just use buttons? I've heard the Alpines that have a glidetouch bar use that to navigate, but I've heard its extremely slow. I just want something fairly quick and easy (I don't know if it exists yet or not though...)

Which deck has the best display?

I would like one that I can easily see which Artist and which song is currently playing. One with a 2 line display would be ideal.

Thanks in advance for the help. Any recommendations would be great!

Clarion does also.

I hear that the Alpine's are probably the best for this.

I have the 9255 Clarion, and the iPod interface works with it. It limits the number of playlists to 5. It makes the deck think that there is a 6 disc changer attached to the deck, where CD 1 is all tracks mode, and then CD2-6 are playlists that you can create and put on the iPod. My deck has just a single line display, and all it shows on there is the Artist and Album, but I believe the 2 line Clarion's show track title also.

I can't search on mine, haven't checked on other Clarion's though. I can't skip through the tracks on the iPod as fast as I can on a CD, but its decently quick.

I don't think that the Clarion iPod interface is worth it unless you already have an iPod. My deck doesn't play MP3's, so its a nice addition, but if my deck did, I wouldn't have bought the iPod interface.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.