IPOD Compatible Head-Unit?

that's probably the way to go, honestly

keep in mind most of the people on this forum are more concerned about the quality of their stereos than most people are with their mortgages and jobs, and they might not get the no-name best buy brand, where 99% of people wouldn't even know the difference, let alone care

that deck's cheap, has a cd player, and needs to added hardware, seems like the one to get

Like others have suggested, look at the Alpine 9856. This deck offers the full speed ipod connection and will be relatively easy for your daugther to use. While many of us have been dissapointed with Alpines recent line-up, virtually all will agree that they offer the fastest and cleanest overall ipod experience. And if that is your major reason for the head unit, then you really should take a look at this deck.

Like others have suggested, look at the Alpine 9856. This deck offers the full speed ipod connection and will be relatively easy for your daugther to use. While many of us have been dissapointed with Alpines recent line-up, virtually all will agree that they offer the fastest and cleanest overall ipod experience. And if that is your major reason for the head unit, then you really should take a look at this deck.
Is there anything else I need to buy with this unit or is it ready to go out of the box? Seems nice, plus it had HD Radio which I know she will like. Crutchfield has one in the Bargin Bin for $179, I might have to go for that one. Thanks again!

Unfortunately, and to your point about the Alpine having HD radio, while it is HD Ready it will not play hd radio without an expensive add on. The adon for the ipod is inexpensive however and generally goes for around $30.

no. ^^^
most people are already used to glancing at the radio.

if she has to hold and play with an ipod while driving. thats even worse.
Depending on her age, she may be much more used to glancing at and manipulating an Ipod than a car radio...

Good point. She's 16 and has been driving for about 6 months...
Fullspeed is very easy to use. Either way there is a slight possibility for a distraction, but personally I feel it is better to use an interface then have it in your hand. What happens if shes using an FM modulator and drops the iPod on the floor and reaches to pick it up?

well i know that jesen has an ipod line. they have a Jlink cable and then your good to go. charges ipod and solid connection. also has a remote which are easy to get used too and much better to use then turning nobs on the deck. also they have cheap flip screens with ipod interface. around 350 i think. cheap for a flip screen.

also a great stocking stuff idea. if you go with the jessen or the alpine with the cables, they make ipod cup holders. it is a molding that fits most cup holders and has a little stand to hold the ipod up and makes room to plug the cable in the bottom. i think it is a cool little idea. look for um

yes the pioneer 4800mp is a good unit I have it in my car and it sounds great but you have to buy the ipod conncetor here is the model number PIONEER CD-IB100II or the JVC nuit it has a usb port right in front of it you can plug a lot of things to it here is that model number JVC KD-DV6200 try ebay for these items cheap some even offers warranty

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.