Ipod attachment to JVC Head Unit.

Participant count
  • Participant list

ticktockhouse

UK
Hi All,

Please prepare yourselves for a potentially very dumb, newbie question which I am forced to foist on you all...

Also, apologies if this has been asked elsewhere...

I have a JVC KD-G502 head unit: FM/AM Radio, CDs and MP3 CDs, so far so groovy. So I got a generic Ipod adapter attachment for it off ebay, plugged it into the CD changer port and can now play my ipod through it. It pipes the sound through very well.

The only thing is, there were two, obviously electrical, cables also hanging off the adapter, and I had no clue as to where to plug in or attach them. I get the feeling these would charge my ipod when it was plugged in. Now, this being a generic ebay jobbie, it came with absolutely no packaging or instructions on where to actually attach these electrical wires.

Scouting around on the net, I found some instructions for another, for all I know, identical adapter (http://www.discountcarstereo.com/pdf/pxp.pdf) and these state " Connect the red wire to +12V “ignition wire” and the gray to ground".

So my question is, and I feel really stupid for having to ask it, where is this "ignition wire"? Would there be some kind of pass through on the head unit? I assume I can attach the black wire to the chassis of the car somewhere, or do I need to run a wire through from somewhere else to connect up this red wire?

Any help would be very gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Jerry

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.