ipod and kdc x591

Participant count
  • Participant list

Phreakshow
10+ year member

I got the ipod adapter for free with my headunit. I was wondering though if I buy an ipod can I control the music straight from the ipod or does the HU take over control? A few people I work with have ipods and I had never really seen 1 before. I really like the screens on them and prob should have just invested in an HU with a screen to begin with but alas I didn't. I want to be able to get a stand for the Ipod and be able to use the touchscreen on it or is there such a thing as an aftermarket touch screen for HU's to show album covers etc?

I'm guessing its a Iphone/touch ?

You'll be able to control it from the HU, but you'll just be able to choose songs and play them, you won't be able to see album covers and such

so the HU takes it over then? OK well that pretty much settles it for me sticking to usb memory sticks. The only reason I would invest in 1 is for the screen and being able to see album covers. I would want to control it from the ipod. And I was wrong about the touch screen. I just like the way it shows all the stuff on the ipod with covers and such.

You can always just plug a line in the headphone jack of the ipod and into the front aux in (if you have one on that deck) and then control it from the ipod that way

I C. But then it wouldnt recharge. You have to plug it into the aux anyways. I guess it doesnt matter. I just thought it would be cool to see the song and album art as the song was playing.

Don't quote me on this, but on the higher end alpine with the like 2" screen on the right of the HU (with the huge knob in the center), can do that if I remember correctly, but you'll have to get a new HU then

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.