ipod + alpine help

corto
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I personally have one the 420i and yes every ipod will work you need to make sure that its compatible with your cd player i dont know if it is off the top of my head but if it is you should be set. If you want a good deal on the 420i look on evay i got mine on there for about 70 dollars new.

i had the alpine ipod adapter mentioned above, i wasnt very happy with it, not because of the sound quality, but because of the 10 minutes of scrolling it took to get halfway through my music library, it was the biggest pain the ass ever, so i just stuck with MP3 cds, and returned it.

Create playlists in Itunes. That will be all you need. Dont let the "slow scrolling" discourage you. Prior to hooking up your Ipod in your car select the playlist and put it on "shuffle songs" it works great.

go here for great sounding MP3"s:

http://www.chrismyden.com/bestmp3guide.php

I use this and let me tell ya all of my music sounds GREAT. I encode in 192 vbr (variable bit rate)

Are you able to scroll through the music on the h/u and display song titles on the display with the 420i? Or does the h/u just see it as an input and you control what music is played on the iPod?

Unless I'm very mistaken the KCA-420i will not work on your headunit. It was designed to work on '04 and up AiNet recievers. IIRC there is roughly a 30% chance of it working with older AiNet units, but some of the features are lost, such as track names being displayed, as well as some glitches appearing in playback.

If I were you I would not only save my money, but save myself the hassle and just get the KCA-121B input adaptor. That way you can plug in any audio source, and I'm almost positive it works with your particular unit.

The KCA-420i for future reference will work with any iPod with dock connector, provided the software is at least newer then April of 2004. And the interface honestly ***** unless you have glide touch, or a flip out screen, or waaaay too much time while you're driving to fiddle with clumsy interfaces.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.