iPhone 5 Thought

Just regular usb to lighting cord?
It should work fine, I would contact pioneer, because I use mine all the time on different headunits without a problem.

Maybe update the OS on your iphone
Yeah, the regular $19.00 USB to Lightning cable. I'm definitely going to call Pioneer but I'm not expecting anything but the official "we can't guarantee it to work with the iPhone 5 yet" answer. And I'm on the most current version 6.0.2.

I dont understand how it worked before, and now it doesnt. Did you use a different device between the time it worked and then stopped working? Do you have another Apple product you could test out?
I love your sig
You and me both. Didn't change anything at all...on the phone or the head unit. My 4S that I had was working perfectly up to Tuesday when I switched carriers. And I've already sold it. Besides, I'm thinking that this has to do with the Lightning adapter. I have an iPod touch with the 30pin connector that works fine too.

This is really puzzling.

Have you tried running the lightning cable directly to the 8400, without the 30 pin adapter or any other cable/device between the HU and phone? What cable was it you bought @ Target?
A good opportunity to clarify. What I started out with (what I've been user for over a year flawlessly with my iPhone 4S) was the Pioneer CD-IU201S iPod cable. When I bought the iPhone 5 on Tuesday I went ahead and bought Lightning to 30pin Adapter Cable and it worked fine for two days. I could see album artwork and control everything from the 8400 screen just like on the 4S. I was pretty excited about that. And then the error just came up yesterday morning on the way to work. At lunch it still showed the error. I took a deposit to the bank later that afternoon and it just decided to work. On the way home that night it worked. Taking the kids to daycare this morning it worked. When I left the daycare to go to work the error came up again. So then I went to Target and bought the Lightning to USB Cable and took out the Pioneer iPod cable and replaced it with the Apple cable in the same USB port on the back of the 8400. First attempt and every attempt since then has given the ERROR-02-67 code again. I just don't get it.

You say you "power cycled" the HU, but have you done a hard reset? It is odd you are having issues. In theory the iPhone5 should work just like any other apple product, with the difference being that the Lightning port does not currently support analog video out.

Also, with regards to your question about changing to the 80prs. I'm not sure you would notice a whole lot of difference in sound between the two. I'm running the 8400 with a Bit Ten and love it. That said, I will soon be moving to the PS8. That is, whenever they fix their machine that constructs them and they start shipping again.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

You say you "power cycled" the HU, but have you done a hard reset? It is odd you are having issues. In theory the iPhone5 should work just like any other apple product, with the difference being that the Lightning port does not currently support analog video out.
I have since been to the Pioneer website and have read that the iPhone 5 is supported except for the video which verifies the theory. I agree that this is odd. When I said power cycled I meant that I turned the car off and made sure that the power was off to the head unit (as my Ford has residual power unless you open a door after turning the ignition off). I can definitely try a hard reset and see what I get. Great suggestion. Thanks! I'll go try it now.

Yeah. Not having the video out from the phone kinda screws up the whole app thing on the 8400. Oh, well.
Oh **** is the 8400 one of those app radio things

maybe that is why, all basic usb headunits work fine

It does have an app radio component, and it needs the video out from the device in order to utilize a lot of its functionality. Straight usb in will get phone/pod navigation, audio, cover art. Not much else though.

Yeah. Not having the video out from the phone kinda screws up the whole app thing on the 8400. Oh, well.
Definitely. But, honestly, I never used it anyway.

Oh **** is the 8400 one of those app radio things
maybe that is why, all basic usb headunits work fine
Yes, it is. And my thoughts were similarly relating the issues to this as well but Pioneer's website says that it does everything except video out for this model. I actually called Pioneer's Customer Support and the guy was nice but short. Told me that it should work fine unless you need to update your iPhone software. When I told him that it was on the current version, 6.0.2, he said to try to reset the phone. He said to try to soft reset it and see if that worked. Well, I did that...twice...and even factory reset the 8400 per the user manual and every single time you connect using the Lightning to USB cable it goes directly to the error.

I just thought of something as I was typing. When I swapped out the cables at lunch I remember that they were plugged into the second USB port from the top of the unit. Just out of pure curiosity's sake I am going to try putting the cable into USB1 and see if I get anything different. Hmmmm.....

Definitely. But, honestly, I never used it anyway.

Yes, it is. And my thoughts were similarly relating the issues to this as well but Pioneer's website says that it does everything except video out for this model. I actually called Pioneer's Customer Support and the guy was nice but short. Told me that it should work fine unless you need to update your iPhone software. When I told him that it was on the current version, 6.0.2, he said to try to reset the phone. He said to try to soft reset it and see if that worked. Well, I did that...twice...and even factory reset the 8400 per the user manual and every single time you connect using the Lightning to USB cable it goes directly to the error.

I just thought of something as I was typing. When I swapped out the cables at lunch I remember that they were plugged into the second USB port from the top of the unit. Just out of pure curiosity's sake I am going to try putting the cable into USB1 and see if I get anything different. Hmmmm.....
****, sorry dude, I should have googled the model # before giving you my opinion. All the pioneer models numbers are so similar

From what I recall, those app radios do actually need the 30 pin to operate correctly.

Sorry dude I hope you figure it out but I don't have high hopes of it working unless they update something on their side (pioneer)

The video out is only necessary to take advantage of the apps, which, from what the OP stated, aren't being used anyway. The 8400 should be able to make use of the Lighting port's USB and control the phone just like every other Pioneer out there. It has worked just fine with mu 8400. There's a glitch somewhere. Hopefully the OP will be able to sort it out.

I agree with richericks, it "shouldn't" be related to the app radio stuff. But, I don't know what else it could be. I just switched USB inputs. Apparently the port on top is USB2. No big deal since it didn't work there either. Same error. Frustrated, I decided to put the Pioneer cable and Lightning to 30pin adapter cable back since I at least had some success using that one versus no success with the Lightning to USB cable. First try and the same error came up yet again.

At this point, I either need to 1. get used to using Bluetooth (which I don't want to do), 2. buy a different head unit (I've seriously thought about getting the 80PRS anyway), or 3. resetting my iPhone back to factory and resync all of my stuff. The ONLY thing that I can think of that may be related to iPod firmware being old MAY be associated with the fact that I restored the setup the iPhone 5 from a backup of my 4S. I didn't think it would pull over stuff like that but maybe it did. It would be a long and painful process if it doesn't work but I think I may try that this weekend before deciding to purchase anything else.

Thanks for the help folks! It is much appreciated!

Yeah it's very possible your HU is looking for some video signal, which the lightning cable does not support, and that's why you're getting that error. Makes no sense to me, but very possible. No amount of adapters will fix that, unless it somehow adds a video signal. Have you tried your iPod recently?

Yeah it's very possible your HU is looking for some video signal, which the lightning cable does not support, and that's why you're getting that error. Makes no sense to me, but very possible. No amount of adapters will fix that, unless it somehow adds a video signal. Have you tried your iPod recently?
Yeah, I knew going into it that there might be issues with the new connector but I was getting excited to hear that others were working fine. Probably gonna have to get a different unit. And that's OK. I drive an hour each way to work every day so I really prefer quality audio to any of the cool features of the 8400.

I did try the iPod last night and it worked as it should. No issues at all.

I guess Crutchfield is gonna get even more of my money this year. Ha!

Yeah, I knew going into it that there might be issues with the new connector but I was getting excited to hear that others were working fine. Probably gonna have to get a different unit. And that's OK. I drive an hour each way to work every day so I really prefer quality audio to any of the cool features of the 8400.
I did try the iPod last night and it worked as it should. No issues at all.

I guess Crutchfield is gonna get even more of my money this year. Ha!
That 80PRS is $280 until 12/25 from them. I'd jump on that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.