Introducing CDT Audio's Limited Availability high fidelity ES-01Be beryllium tweeter

Participant count
  • Participant list

trumpet
5,000+ posts

Barry Schanz

Here's the first ES-01Be Beryllium tweeter test review by Barry Schanz.

Ken, I think people should know that these are assembled by hand, by you. I don't see that mentioned at all on the web site.

It's Saturday night and I've been spending time, out in the brisk 45 degree weather, on my car audio system. It's completely worth it as I am blown away by what I've just experienced.

I've been extremely blessed to have many moments in my life with music that made me grin like an idiot and laugh with pure joy. When it comes to equipment changes with my car audio system it has happened tonight and I'm excited to share.

"Don't fix what isn't broken."

It wasn't broken. I fixed it. Enter the ES-01Be beryllium tweeters.

I needed to try something that seemed too good to live up to the description. You've already looked at it if you're reading this. It's all true. ES-01Be is a godly tweeter.

The tweeters are fully visible, aimed at my ears from sail panel pods next to the side mirrors, but they completely disappear to the ear. It's strange but I have no other way to say it.

The beryllium tweeters replaced ES-1200iS. Wonderful tweeters. I've heard countless speakers in my 36 years but of CDT tweeters I can recall trying TW-25, DRT-26S, DRT-26A, WS-100i, HD-1A/BL, ES-02BL. Neutral and transparent is a difficult target. Congratulations to CDT Audio and to anyone who makes the investment in ES-01Be.

Barry Schanz

701-620-1124

rubyservsales.com

So these are designed for on-axis mounting?
Also I assume the price is somewhere in the neighborhood of "if you have to ask you can't afford it"?
The FR graph with 3 measurements is shown in the video. I still need to build a web page for this product. The price is $999.99 for a pair finished in polished aluminum or the black anodized aluminum as shown.

We can attach wire pigtails for an easier installation.

The FR graph with 3 measurements is shown in the video. I still need to build a web page for this product. The price is $999.99 for a pair finished in polished aluminum or the black anodized aluminum as shown.
We can attach wire pigtails for an easier installation.
wow....

It is a scanspeak illuminator in a housing and doubled in price. In the first pic they published it was obviously a tweeter with a big housing around it and apparently CDT got flack for it on facebook. The TS parameters are identical to the scanspeak.

They have since modified their tweeter housing and removed the acoustic lens from the tweeter to better hide it's origin.

Whats up with CDT Audio?! - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

trumpet

5,000+ posts
Barry Schanz
trumpet
St Cloud, MN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date