Intermittent Static!?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Steve_Yoda

CarAudio.com Newbie
I had a Kenwood head unit in my truck but it was having problems where it sounded like the antenna wasn't hooked up, it would be all static but if I touched it or wiggled my antenna it would go mostly clear... I pulled that head unit out and put in a pioneer I had lying around, and replaced the whole antenna, from mast to where it plugs into the head unit... and its doing the same thing!! 😩 When I'm driving/parked it goes from static to clear-ish to wavering all over the place... Im kind of clueless right now. Thanks for reading I appreciate ANY ideas...
Oh also when I turn the speakers up (and only when I turn them up) they go all crappy when there is any bass sound all... flappy? They are sonys and rated for like 300w and they are not blown... like new. They are just run off of the head unit so I don't think its to much power... It did this with both head units but it seems better with this one??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.