Intermittent static in front R speaker only

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ludgate88

Hi I guys, I am having difficulty isolating where static is coming from in my front R speaker and was hoping to find some help. I have installed my own car stereos for years with great results, but this is the first multi amp setup I've had. I consider myself to be fairly knowledgeable about car audio/installation, but am certainly no expert. About 50% of the time the system works fine, but the other times there is a static sound coming from the R speaker only (I usually just move all the sound to the L side, and check back later). The static sound is much more noticeable on some songs compared to others. I have recently replace both tweeters, but am still experiencing the same issues. I have new tweeters that I am getting ready to try, but I dont think that is going to do it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My set up:Alpine INAW900, BAPro60SE (6.5" front),BA SR95 (6X9),AlpinePDX F6 150X4, Alpine PDX 1.600, RF P3 10" custom ported box

Intermittant wire connection somewhere most likely. Check all your terminals and connections that they're tight. I had intermittant "static" in my subs because one of the wires was loose.

could be one of many things. check your rca cables first, if you switch them around and the static moved then you know its the cable. switch the speakers ch placement to rule out the amplifier.if that speaker still has static no matter what ch its powered by then it may be the speaker going out or a bad connection.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.