interior speakers problem.. HELP

phil16628

okay I recently got a jbl amp(1200 watt ) pushing 2 kicker 12". I was playing my **** kinda loud and all of the sudden the interiors just stopped. All I can hear is the bass now. I shut off the subs and if i turn my stereo all the way up like up to 65 or something i can here very faintly out of one speaker in the back. I have a 95 blazer with stock speakers. Anyone ever have this problem or have any ideas.. thanks,

Phil:confused: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif :confused: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif :confused:

Maybe you had a weak connection on the speaker wires for the interior speakers and the bass rattled them apart? Check all the connections on the speaker wires and on the wiring from the HU to the factory wires and go from there. good luck

I have…

pioneer dehp6400 hu

JBL BP1200.1 1200W amp

2 kicker comp cr12” subs

qlogic type 4 bandpass box

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

any ideas????

its an easy fix most of the time, just replace the chip or chips. maybe a 100.00 if you can find a repair shop. it entials taking the thing completely apart and desoldering the part and popping a new one in. if the shop has all the parts its about a half hour to 45 minutes.

another possibility is that u blew the factory speakers w/ an aftermarket cd player.....they generally can not handle the higher wattage that a cdplayer puts out......have you tried to see if they work w/ anything else like a buddyies car???

sounds like you blew out the amplifier in the head unit, but im not sure, here''s what you need to do.

take two of the stock speakers out and test them, if they dont work, then you blew out the speakers and you need to replace the speakers,

if they still work double check the wiring from the head unit to the speakers, if the wires are connected correctly, then its the head unit amp that has blown out.....but wait,,,, thats not the end of the world...you can buy a 4 channel amplifier off of ebay and run the head units low level inputs into it, and use it to run the 4 speakers...

the low level inputs will usually work even if you blow out the head units amp. and i know they work because the bass was still working.

i had the same problem with my speakers shutting off. I found out that i can be one of two things. 1. the speaker harness in the back of the radio has a short, hitting metal or other wires causing it to short all of ur stock speakers. 2. if your rear speakers are mounted above the trunk , they could be touching metal in the back by the trunk, that's what mine were doing. Anyway, I know it sounds confusing but it comes down to either a short or a bad ground.

Altima

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.