interior neons legal??

In NY, it is illegal to have them, UNLESS it is reflecting light--means that the tubes are not visible, but the REFLECTION of the neons on the ground or whatever is alright. got out of a ticket one time for that argument //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i have leds under my dash and a 6in tube behind my rear speaker grills. i have them so when i disarm my alarm they turn on and i have a switch for them too. i am not sure about the law here in michigan. i am gonna call and ask about putting a green neon behind my grill to light up my thunderbird emblem. i also have neons lighting up my amps. and a 3in lighting up my thunderbird emblem that is on my trunk lid.

i never have my neons on while driving... they are just there too look cool anyways, and when i'm driving i am not checking out my interior. if the money is burning a hole in your pocket, go for it. they look pretty slick, just keep them off when you are on the road.

I got my neon’s rigged up so that when I open my door they come on. I have them mounted under the driver and passenger seat as well as under the dash. They look sweet and actually have use when you have it set up so that they come on when a door opens. Other then that, I don't drive with them on.

P1010326.gif

I got my neon’s rigged up so that when I open my door they come on. I have them mounted under the driver and passenger seat as well as under the dash. They look sweet and actually have use when you have it set up so that they come on when a door opens. Other then that, I don't drive with them on.
P1010326.gif
let me guess you have an eclipse or talon.

in michigan it is legal to have them as long they are off when you are driving but they can be on when you are parked

The real question is why do you want them, especially under your dash. If it is for show then they won't be on when driving so they won't be illegal if it is for other reasons I would re-evaluate how you spend your cash

On another note, if you want to save money in the long run, dont buy them, I think every 16 year old goes through a phase where they think neons and rice gear is cool, but most all of us grow out of that quickly, I'm sure you will too.Just a suggestion.
this is a good thing...this is very true. I have neons for about 2 months, then i took them out. but on the subject, depends where you live. i know they are legal in my area. the bulbs themselves cannot be showing, but the lights are fine. so ill assume the interior ones are okay, and the exterior ones are okay as long as the bulbs are behind side skirts or something and the bulbs dont show.

The real question is why do you want them, especially under your dash. If it is for show then they won't be on when driving so they won't be illegal if it is for other reasons I would re-evaluate how you spend your cash

Its not just for show. Its wired so that when any door opens they come on. Basically in a nut shell I just extended the light that is in your car's roof that comes on when the door opens. Same feature but with the lights under the dash on the driver and passenger side as well as underneath the driver and passenger seats. Besides that the whole project only costed $20.

Its not just for show. Its wired so that when any door opens they come on. Basically in a nut shell I just extended the light that is in your car's roof that comes on when the door opens. Same feature but with the lights under the dash on the driver and passenger side as well as underneath the driver and passenger seats. Besides that the whole project only costed $20.
I have regular white neons wired up just to give me some light on the ground since I have no respect for my car. It's a piece of crap Grand Prix, 95 with the unibrow. It's essentially a trash can on wheels. I cannot wait to get rid of that thing. I need the light to find stuff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Jordantyler

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
Jordantyler
arkansas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date