Interior dismantle for sound deadening project

48Blocc

Hey all, I'm looking to sound deaden my 96 grand cherokee limited from top to bottom. I've already got a good start with a layer of brown bread on the doors and hatch, but I want to get a couple layers down on the floor. I was wondering if any of you had any good ideas about how to approach this. Should go the whole nine and take out seats, consoles, etc? How far should I go? Can I get away with just pulling up the carpet around the seats and laying down some layers there? Anything I should be careful about (esp concerning taking out seats and other rather essential equipment)? All help and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

brandontw
10+ year member

just some guy
Reno, NV
If you must deaden the floor which probly already has carpet and insulation. then just getting around where you can will probly be fine but i dont think youll notice a difference whether you deaden the floor or not IMO

paikiah
5,000+ posts

Wangaholic
Seoul, Korea
there's no easy way. The effort you put in will have a direct affect on performance of the damper. You should really concentrate on the firewall, the center (where the exhaust pipe and transmission will run), and the spare tire cavity.

Sice it's the floor, i also suggest using a layer of udnercoating (bedliner) to makeit even more effective, it's what I did.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.