intake sys

SOUNDz
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
what is the difference between cold and warm air intakes? is $299 too much for weapon R, or Ractive intake system. how can i find out if they make them for 97mazda 626, v6? ive seen a '96 626 with a weaponR, but engine didnt look exactly like mine.

In todays electronic cars they use mass air flow sensors some do and they sense if the air is cooler or warmer and the cool air seems to make more HPS than warm.

The way an air intake works is like this- colder air is more dense therefor two things happens it moves quicker and takes up less room than hot air(i know that sounds weird). the more air flowing through your engine the more HP. But if your going to be feeding the baby alot more creamed corn you got to open up its pooper also. An air intake and a more efficient muffler should go hand in hand.

There are different intakes out there. Look for something coated in ceramic, not just some aluminum pipe. the ceramic keeps heat from your engine from heating the pipes. also maybe iun the future you could use some steel to make almost a fortress around your cone to block hot engine air. and also to force air coming in the engine bay straight into the cone.

go with a cold air intake over a short ram intake the cold air extention is always better as far as weapon r intakes they to **** pricy luckly i scored the dragon style weapon r intake for like 70 bucks from my buddy for my ladys gst look at intakes buy aem or injen those a the the 2 top brands out there in air induction and there worth every penny

$300 is WAYYYYY too much for a cold air intake, of ANY brand.

And like a previous poster said, if you don't open up the back end with a hi flo muffler system, you won't make a bit of difference in the HP.

Peace...(yeah, right!)

dude dont buy a 299 intake and dont go with a rgular warm airunless ur looking foe a 2 horse increase go with a aem cold air intake the are like 200 bucks and give you around 8 to 10 horse{depends on car}

ractive isnt the best company out there but my buddy bought a ractive intake system the bought a air filter with a heat shield made by ractiveits like 110 bucks toghether does its job but i still recomend aem

I recently got an AEM cold-air intake for my 2001 Eclipse. It adds Hp and makes a cool whirring noise. Anyways, if you get one installed make sure that if it is close to the ground, that you get a bypass put on so when you go through puddles your filter doesn't **** water into your engine and get water lock.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SOUNDz

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
SOUNDz
united states
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date