Insulating wires from heat...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Nick F

Hello everyone.. I have a 2007 Mustang GT500. I plan to run my power wire UNDER the car. (relax, it will never be damaged... it's a GT500). I've found a perfect hole to run it through into the trunk from outside the car. My only issue is going from the battery to under the car the wire will run within 6" of the manifolds. My idea is to wrap the wire in whats called headerwrap to insulate the wire from the heat. Anyone have experience with this/believe it will work?

This is what I'm referring to: JEGS Performance Products 32077 JEGS Snake Skin Premium Exhaust/Header Wrap

EDIT: just noticed I might have posted this in the wrong section. I must have overlooked the "wiring help" section. Sorry.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.