Installing Viper 791vx In 99 blazer?

Im guessing that the 3rd ignition brown was not used. And I found 3 brown wires but they all go to 0volt when in start position. So im not sure which one to use. 2 are like 18guage and 1 is like 12gauge. Also is their a way to reset the alarm unit? I might have messed up on the programing?

Ok I reprogramed and installed a relay to the pink wire of ribbon harness. Now how do I know which 3rd ignition wire to tie into? Because all 3 brown wire do the same thing.

ok now for the relay which way do I conect it? They have 2 87 conection which one do I use. Does it mater?

Also could I still have the wrong tach wire? It just seems like everything is conected right. The only other wire I'm not sure about is the factory disarm wire. I found that wire at the bcm.

Disarm generally tests by turning the key in one of the door cylinders.

Relay

85 and 87 - 12v fused

86 - pink wire on RS ribbon harness

30 - output to 3rd ign

Tach could still be the prob unless it doesn't work with voltage sense as well.

What about the alarm disarm? Could that have anything to do with the problem? Im wondering if I have to have the main ignition split and have the 2nd conected. or does it matter?

Disarm is not the problem. You have cnfused me with what you said about the ign wires

You are overcomplicating the ignition wires. All you have to is trace the heavy guage wires back to the key switch and make sure they are all wired up. If you missed one that is the wire you wire up the 3rd ign relay to. If they are all conected then we will move on to the next potential problem.

lol no it wasent third ignition. It was the resistance wire for the by pass. I was told to split ignition 2 and have the yellow going to key side and yellow black to the othe. But after talking to you guys and a few other I figured out that I had to spilt the wire for the passlock on the ignition harness. Once I did that it started right up....... lol im such a dumb ass. Well now I know how to install a alrm on a s10 gonna try a malibu.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.