installing tweeters

Participant count
  • Participant list

tgraham09
10+ year member

im thinking about installing tweeters in my corolla. check my sig for my setup. the problem is the type r's are full range speakers and my corolla doesnt have factory tweeters. how would i install aftermarket tweeters in my car? can it even be done with my type-r's?

The type r coax-mid & tweeter are meant yo stay together

if you want the tweeter to be placed in the dash or door or where ever you might have to buy a new comp set, which will allow you to pace the tweeter from the mid

Well, technically, you can remove the coaxial tweeter... And relocate it... But you won't have the necessary mounts for it.

You can buy aftermarket stand alone tweeters that can be installed in the a pillars or other common locations. Pioneer sells a set for under a hundred bucks.

I wouldn't want coaxial door tweeters and dash tweeters at the same time. I would disconnect the coaxial tweeters.

Your best bet is a component set, as suggested.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.