Installing New Head Unit- Wiring Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tylr6024

Hello,

I am installing a new pioneer head unit and have a few wires that don't watch up.

The head unit has a orange/white wire that says "light switch terminal" would this connect to the harness orange wire that says "dash light?"

There is also a blue "antenna" wire. I do not have a power antenna, so can this wire not be used?

The harness also has a orange/black dimmer ground. Some people online say tie it in with the normal black ground, some say don't use it at all and another said hook it up to a switch power source. Which is correct?

Thanks!

The orange /white coming off the pioneer harness goes to the orange wire on the factory side harness. if you have no power ant or amp then just tape of the blue. Do not connect the orange/black to a switch power source. Do nothing with it. If you get done and find your dash lights not working then you connect it to a ground but never power.

I would suggest running a remote wire to an accesible area for future if not currently needed. this allows you to add amp if you desired later and not needing to pull dash apart again

The orange /white coming off the pioneer harness goes to the orange wire on the factory side harness. if you have no power ant or amp then just tape of the blue. Do not connect the orange/black to a switch power source. Do nothing with it. If you get done and find your dash lights not working then you connect it to a ground but never power.
Thanks I got it wired and it works great. As a for a side question - I am going to ground the "parking break" wire so it works while in drive. (This is for my daughter as we are going on a long road trip)

Does it have to be grounded to the ground wire in the back of the stereo, or can it be grounded to any good bolt like I did with my subs? Thanks

What HU is it/ Some manufacturers require a relay to bypass the parking brake. It should work without brake bypass if its going to external monitor it only disables the in dash unit screen I believe.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.