installing kenwood ddx418 head unit

Participant count
  • Participant list
I just got a kenwood ddx418 touch screen stereo. Its going in a 2004 grand prix. I have all the colors matched up but it wont power up. Theres a flashing red light on the front but the screen wont turn on. Ive tried a few different combinations of the wires. Theres a few wires I think could be the problem. Out of the stereo theres a blue wire, blue/white, orange/white, red, yellow, black. Out of the factory harness is all the same colors except there is a orange wire also. There is also a hot wire that was ran from my fuse box to the dash. Ive tried about everything and dont know what else to do. If anyone has suggestions what to try please let me know!

Red- acc on (ignition)

Yellow- 12v hot (constant)

Black-ground

Blue-pwr antenna

Blue/white-remote on (amp)

Orange/white-dimmer

use a dmm to find your hot and acc from the harness

the orange wire is an illumination wire. I use this one instead of the orange/white. On the vehicle the new wire running to the fuse panel is for your acc power. They rewired instead of using the module so the red wire on the interface harness wont be used. instead you hook up the red wire for then ew deck to the wire running to the fuse panel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.