Installing 2 12 Type R 4 ohm.

Participant count
  • Participant list
Yes. Currently I have a 99 Grand Marquis with standard electric (old ass nasty battery) and im running 1200 watts to my type R's at 1 ohm and I hardly even get my lights to dim. And they do sound REALLY good. I will always love type r's but they are no longer loud enough for me

they are too loud for most people who arent addicted to bass though.

Like I said mine is completely stock and 11 years old. I know im getting as much power out of the R's as I can because i have heard so many different instances of type r's. I get a little drop while idling and max volume but thats a given. After 1000rpms its straight as hell

OBVIOUSLY you're better off like dude said but **** it thats why I cheaped out in the first place and got type r's so i dont have to invest hella money into a whip im not really even tryin to keep ya know?

If ur amp is rated At 1500, chances are your getting much less than that after impedence rise. If you don't plan on going bigger later on , then upgrade the three wires . If you do plan on going bigger , a bigger alt will be the best thing you ever purchased for the car.

If ur amp is rated At 1500, chances are your getting much less than that after impedence rise. If you don't plan on going bigger later on , then upgrade the three wires . If you do plan on going bigger , a bigger alt will be the best thing you ever purchased for the car.
I have a stock electrical and i ran 1500 to my type r 12's only got dimming at idle and drops as low as like 13.5. But then again i just figured out the other day the previous has all my big 3 in 0 guage except my alt >

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.