Installer "Lost" My Valet Remote...

Participant count
  • Participant list

SlaughterX

So I paid a so called professional installer (friend of a friend) to install my system and alarm, but he lost the valet alarm and hasn't responded to my texts in a week asking where the hell it is. Needless to say this doesn't make me feel very comfortable knowing that someone else might have access to my car and equipment at any time. To make it sure, I want to know if there is a way I can change my alarm so it will not respond to the other key. Is this possible or am I SOL?

So I paid a so called professional installer (friend of a friend) to install my system and alarm, but he lost the valet alarm and hasn't responded to my texts in a week asking where the hell it is. Needless to say this doesn't make me feel very comfortable knowing that someone else might have access to my car and equipment at any time. To make it sure, I want to know if there is a way I can change my alarm so it will not respond to the other key. Is this possible or am I SOL?
What exact alarm system is it? What vehicle is it in?

What do you mean by valet key? A valet key is a non transponder key that only unlocks the doors. A 1972 buick doesn't have transponder. Do you mean the second remote for your alarm? Check the owners manual or check on dei site. The is a programming seqeunce for the remotes. One of the options should be delete all remotes. Then reprogram the remote you have.

Rip it out and buy another one and do it yourself. Done deal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.