Installer in columbia area?????

im4an2idiot0
10+ year member

Hey. im gonna be looking to have 2 subs and an amp installed in the next month or 2 and i have no idea of a good installer. so far ive been quoted by tweeter for $200.

Anyone had any experence with tweeter? or can anyone suggest a installer in the columbia or surrounding countys area??

there is also a shop off dobin road, in that motor park type thing, i forget what they call it ow, but where the new gas station is accros from mobil and mcdonalds. Its teh shop on the end, you cant miss it. They do decent work. Not sure of prices as ive only dealt with them once, usually just go there to talk to them and go with my friends who know them.

there is also a shop off dobin road, in that motor park type thing, i forget what they call it ow, but where the new gas station is accros from mobil and mcdonalds. Its teh shop on the end, you cant miss it. They do decent work. Not sure of prices as ive only dealt with them once, usually just go there to talk to them and go with my friends who know them.
Its called Audio Connection. If you are coming down on Dobbin Road from 175, you take the first right at the light and then the first left, and then its the first store on the right side. Its right near Fuddruckers and Starbucks.

As for the tweeter qoute, tell us what you told them to get done or what you want to get done. When i went there just for a quote, they quoted me $800 for fiberglassed boxes and an amp rack. You could really do it yourself. Just read up on here, buy some mdf, make a box, and install. As for the install, its really just running a fused power wire from the battery through some hole in your firewall to the amp, a ground wire from the amp to the chassis, a remote turn on wire from the headunit, and whatever speaker wires.

But if your willing to dish out the money, East Coast Car Toys has produced by far the best work that i have seen in the area. They are located in Annapolis. Westminister Speed and Sound is good too in terms of their installs and there in Westminister.

i want to have 2 atlas 12' subs installed and a viper d1200.1 amp and the amp has a bass remote that i would like tinstalled to. i already have a box made i just need it installed. im looking to spend around $200 for the install.

the reason why i dont want to do it myself is that this is my first system and even though ive read up on setting the gains and everything i still want a professinal to do this for me.

im gonna look up and call the places you guys suggested to me and see what there prices are. thanks for the help and any more input is appreacited.

There is also a shop T&B customs on the east side of Baltimore.. Essex,MD. It didn't seem like they did too many ported enclosures but i bought my treo's from them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

ther is also a tweeter on dobbin rd

lol i started this tread to get feedback about tweeter to see if they did a good job and if i should get them to install it or not.

have you had any experences with them?

sorry bout that i wasnt fully paying attention ... i personally have had no experience with them but a couple of my friends have and said they did a great job but i dunno about the pricing

if you go inside the tweeter showroom there is a sign there that has install prices. For what you want done, it sounds like a general amplifier installation and if i remember correctly, the price for that was considerably lower last time i checked but maybe since you got your equipment somewhere else they are giving you a different quote. Seriosly try talking to Audio Connection too. From what i have seen in there showroom, they are mostly about installs and not really selling equipment (there demo room *****).

Seriosly try talking to Audio Connection too. From what i have seen in there showroom, they are mostly about installs and not really selling equipment (there demo room *****).
Thats true. The only thing they ever tried to sell me was the k40 laser blocker thing. But thats what i went there askign about anyway one time.

Seriosly try talking to Audio Connection too. From what i have seen in there showroom, they are mostly about installs and not really selling equipment (there demo room *****).

I went up to audio connection yesterday after reading this post to check it out and see what there prices are like comparied to tweeter. and they quoted me at $30 cheaper. so i was like F**k it and went ahead and scheduled an appoipment. ill finally have my system in monday.

thanks for all the help guys.

i can't belive what im reading. At least 4 people in here from around the columbia

area. I always thought columbia was a small town. So why the fuk i'm the only

person from new orleans on this forum? I thought new orleans was more

popular, i'm pretty sure new orleans is more well known around the world than

columbia. This blows!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...