installed my new components the other day

iceteebone
5,000+ posts

Banned
Michigan
after having them lay around for about a month, i finally decided to hook up my boston acoustics pro 6.5's. so far best component set i have owned. midbass is tight and smooth. tweeters are actually very impressive in my opinion. i was a little worried about them being metal instead of silk, so i adjusted the level down to -4 on the crossover, (haven't listened to them at any other level yet) and was very pleased in how soft and detailed they were. they are being powered by a pg titanium 500.4 bridged so about 275-300 watts rms x2 and these handle the power with no problem.

Yeah...those Pro's are pretty nice speakers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

Where are your tweeters mounted? Down low on the kicks, or up high on the doors or A-Pillar? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Where are your tweeters mounted? Down low on the kicks, or up high on the doors or A-Pillar? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

they are actualy located in the dash, where the stock tweeters used to be. they do sound pretty good there so i'm gonna leave them there. the more i listen the more i like these components. i've had cdt hd's, kodas, ID chamelon, and dls mids, and these bostons are better then all those in my opinion. as far as tweeters i have listened primarly to cdt and dls, and i like these tweeters better.

they are actualy located in the dash, where the stock tweeters used to be. they do sound pretty good there so i'm gonna leave them there. the more i listen the more i like these components. i've had cdt hd's, kodas, ID chamelon, and dls mids, and these bostons are better then all those in my opinion. as far as tweeters i have listened primarly to cdt and dls, and i like these tweeters better.

Not trying to hi-jack the thread or anything, but out of the CDT's, the ID's, and the bostons, which has the strongest mid-bass? Do they have that pound-you-in-the-chest kind of response?

Not trying to hi-jack the thread or anything, but out of the CDT's, the ID's, and the bostons, which has the strongest mid-bass? Do they have that pound-you-in-the-chest kind of response?

the bostons have the strongest midbass. they are about the cleanest too along with the kodas. the set cost me $200 shipped.

$200? Wow! Ya' stole those pups.. Hehehehe. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

Were they new or used?

the set cost me $200 shipped.
You find some of the best god damn deals on equipment....I'm really starting not to like you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/censored.gif.f9ad8e7c6db58c5530c5a0a20a3b5baf.gif

When I sold my Pro's a couple years I go, I got $275+shipping out of them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.