Installed Kenwood DDX371, now have worse highs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

autobotguy

Hey there folks.

I have a 2012 Scion Xb and yesterday I replaced the standard Pioneer stock radio with a Kenwood DDX371 unit. Everything is great, however the highs have changed, for the worse. With the Pioneer deck the highs were actually quite decent and at times could be a little overly bright. Now, the highs are almost non existent. I've played with the EQ settings, changing the level and frequencies all over the place and nothing seems to solve this issue. I know of someone with a Scion TC that replaced the stock Pioneer unit with the DDX371 and the audio quality was drastically improved. I've redone all the speaker connections and nothing has changed. For now I'm using the stock XB's 6-1/2" components up front, but plan on changing over to a set of Infiniti Kappa components. Anyone have a clue what might be going on and wanna dispense with some knowledge? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.