Installed H.I.D kit, Now parking lights do not light?

Millertime1028
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Whats up everyone. Hoping someone knows a little about this specific situation. Just got done installing an H.I.D kit(Single beam, not bi xenon) in my Jeep Cherokee. I bought the H4 headlight conversion kit in order to use the HID's due to the fact Jeeps come with sealed beam headlights from the factory. Now, the headlight clip on the trucks harness itself has 3 prongs in which only 2 can utilized with the HID kit. I tested with a volt meter and made sure to determing which was the low beam side and also found out which prong was ground. Im using these 2 prongs to power up the HID kit. The prong that gets voltage only when the high beams are on is not being used. Now the issue is that with the HID's installed I do not have any front parking lights although they do light up with the directionals and hazard's as they normally do. Do I need a relay ? Installed a good amount of these but can't quite understand whats going on here. Thanks in advance.

Did you use a relay when you installed the HID's? HID's draw alot of power during ignition. If not power could have surged back and blown a fuse or relay.

just installed some of these on my car today, 10k, my parking light was a whole separate bulb with its own plugs, is yours all one piece? and if so you couldnt have blown a fuse b/c it would all be on the same one making none of the lights work

Long Story short on this situation. Turned out the parking light wire in the main headlight harness came out of one of the clips. Corrosion caused the solder joint to fail. I guess when I was moving some wires around it bumped this wire out of the clip. Made a new harness and all works like a charm. Thanks to those who had input on this!

Seen you driving in the Jeep on Friday night down by applebees in shirley.lights look sick.dont see many cherokees with a clean hid kit installed.what are they,4300k?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.