Installed Components: They shut off then played the next day??

That is what I meant in my first reply. When someone has an amp that is a little under powered for the speakers, they will usually turn the gains all the way up to get more sound, as he did.
I had them at about 3/4s when I first installed them. They are now set at between half and 3/4s.

ok i just look at the rating yes thats a good amp for those just turn your gain down
Ya, I turned them down from 3/4 full to about 5/8. Seems to be playing real nice now. I lowered the filter frequency from 200hz to 80hz. The guy at the audio shop had no idea what he was doing.

BTW, did you get the problem resolved where the mids weren't putting out any sound?
Yes, lowering the filter frequency fixed that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. It sounds much more leveled now.

Is there a way to tweak the highs to make it sound better? Which frequencies would control that?

Is there a way to tweak the highs to make it sound better? Which frequencies would control that?
Your HU has a 16-band EQ. Time to start tweaking (the EQ). //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Your HU has a 16-band EQ. Time to start tweaking (the EQ). //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I will start playing with that and see what I can find in the manual

any suggestions on how I should set each band??//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Umm, move everything above 3000Hz down a few dB's? Really, only you know what sounds best in your car.

The most scientific way is to use a real time analyzer (RTA), along with a calibrated microphone, and a pink-noise source. Then you can adjust your system for a nice flat response across the audible spectrum. You could use TrueRTA with a laptop computer, but you still need to get a good microphone.

A cheaper, but less accurate way, is to use a Radio Shack SPL meter. Then you need test tones, one for each band of your EQ. You play each tone, one by one, and adjust the EQ so that the SPL registered on the meter is the same for each frequency. The free version of TrueRTA can be used as a tone generator, with a laptop computer, if your HU has an AUX input, like for an iPod.

Hope this helps!

-- Kevin

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.