Installation Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rangerbob86

Hey. So I want to buy a Viper 560XV for my 1997 Ford Mustang. I am wondering what the best deal would be. I would not be able to install it myself, so I dont know the best route here. I could get it for $130 from Amazon.com, but then does anybody know of where I can get it installed? My other option would be to get it from a ziebart store, and they will sell it to me and install it for $399.99. Anybody know where I could get a professional install though? Thanks!

EDIT: Sorry one more thing...I just have a question. I havent 100% decided on the viper..but i think it looks good. Whats the difference between say the viper and a hornet or a clifford? They all seem to be made by Directed Electronics. Thanks!

Your best option is to purchase from the same place that installs it. DEI carries a lifetime warranty, but not if it's purchased online, no matter who installs it. Also, in your area all alarm/remote start shops are EXTREMELY busy right now and will be much busier in a week. Many won't be willing to install an alarm that wasn't purchased from them. I'd find a shop that sells the alarm you want, then talk to the staff and get a sense of what kind of installation they do. You want to avoid a place that just wants to get as many installations done in the shortest time possible, which probably rules out Ziebart. Find a place willing to take the time for a quality installation.

Similar models of Viper/Avital/Clifford units are identical, to the extent that you could unplug one brain and plug another into the same harness for the same functionality.

i would go to an actual stereo shop. not zebart, they messed up my friends rs when the did hers. and they arent known for their rs/alarm sales and installs

yea well my dad owns a ford dealership so i called him up and asked and he said customers who ask him about it he directs to ziebart so thats where i got that idea...well what places to you think would be best?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.