do rims freeze?

Wtf are you smoking, man? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Never heard of such a thing, personally.

I'll happily take it back, though, if someone proves me to be the one who's lost their mind...

They take them off to keep the salt off of em //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

It can eat into the finish //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I didn't think of avoiding the road salt....it so rarely gets that cold here they don't salt the roads as a matter of course where I live.

i think above and beyond the actual wear and tear on the wheels during winter, most people's view on it is that it's hard to keep a car clean during winter anyways, so you may as well keep the nice wheels put away until you can keep them clean and looking nice in the summer.

plus, it's pretty convenient to keep winter tires on your steel stockers, and put sport tires on your nice aluminums, so you don't have to have them remounted.

freezing refers to water (liquid) converting into ice (solid). All it is is liquid to solid conversion...

your rims arent liquid are they?

i think above and beyond the actual wear and tear on the wheels during winter, most people's view on it is that it's hard to keep a car clean during winter anyways, so you may as well keep the nice wheels put away until you can keep them clean and looking nice in the summer.
plus, it's pretty convenient to keep winter tires on your steel stockers, and put sport tires on your nice aluminums, so you don't have to have them remounted.
we take em off and use "winter wheels" so we dont jack up the good ones, when the roads get crappy.
X2

bleach, i say it again, if someone like you gets to be a rich man i will kill my family so they don't have to live in a world like retarded

I'll agree with what's already been said. Salt eats into the finish of the wheels and makes them look nasty. I run snow tires on the stock wheels and high performance summer tires on the nice wheels. Freezing the wheels has nothing to do with it though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bcleachd

Banned
bcleachd
columbus ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from