Installation in a Sable

Participant count
  • Participant list

ballersmp

Italy
Ok heres my problem. I have a 96 mercury sable with electronic climate controls. Is it possible to install a aftermarket radio in the factory opening. All the indications i have seen is that it is not possible. If i were to have manual climate controls, no problem. There are many after market kits available. Which leaves me to belive that in order to install an aftermarket stereo i would have to install it somewhere other than the factory opening. Which leave me with another problem. I live in Sicily and custom installers are few and very far inbetween. Im very proficiant in istalling myself and would be able to handle most installs but this car has me baffled. Theft here is also a problem so a stealth install would be the best. I would appreciate any help you could provide. Thanks

if u could take a pic that would really help us out. otherwise someone on here might have a sable, and they could help ya out.

so u have found an aftermarket kit. one of those should work.

i'm glad u think u can handle this cuz some get on here and are like "o GOD i have to unscrew this, o no i can't do that"

Well the thing is i found a mounting kit. Only for a 96 sable with MANUAL climate controls. And of course i have DIGITAL climate controls. THere dosent seem to be a mounting kit for this. Its an oval shaped space with the climate controls and radio in one piece. I would even consider going to manual cliamte controls if that were possible to be able to use the factory opening. other than that i can find no where to locate the radio. The glove box is too small and theres really no where else.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.