Install

Participant count
  • Participant list

coolman91985
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Dallas
i have a sony xplod 760 watt 2 channel amp, a sony xplod 800 watt 4 channel amp, one set of audiobahn component speakers rated at 140 watts rms and 2 12" sony xplod subs rated at 200 watts rms each. how should i wire my system? i want it to sound really good but still have a fair amount of thump. what type of box do u recommend? what size? any info that will help me out, please post it.

thanks

i also will be getting either another set of audiobahn components or a pair of Infinity Kappa 652.5i speakers. i have not decided yet. how would i wire these also?

hey bud, I could tell you but it would probably make things worse for you. get ahold of jmac, corsica, ss3079, brock. helpful guys that know there ****. only other thing I can add is be careful with those sony amps I fuked mine up pretty easily. not great quality, just be careful

i have already blown my 760 watt amp once and got it fixed. can you just tell me what you know about wiring my system? anything really would help me.

Originally posted by 97dakota what are both amps stable to, what ohm subs. svc, dvc
Im gonna take a wild guess and assume that your subs are single voice coils. I would take the 800w amp and run that to the subs in 2-channel mode which will give you 200w to each sub at 4 ohms. About the components, you could either run them off the HU or off your 760w amp. If you run them off the amp (preferred) your speakers will see 150w rms each.

Originally posted by Jmac Yup, you gotta be delicate with those Sony amps. First thing I'd advise is to not push it into clipping. Secondly is to make sure it's secure to the floor of your trunk. Don't mount it to the box because it will shake loose and possibly cause shorts. What I do is I cut a piece of rubber foam the size of my amp and put it under the amp, then bolt the amp to the floor of my trunk. Either that, or glue a piece of MDF to the bottom of your car and screw the amp into that.

As for wiring, I don't know if you should put 150 RMS to components ... Especially Audiobahn components (Never heard Audiobahn speakers, I'm just saying that, based on their subs, they probably won't sound very good.) I'd run the components off the 4-channel for

You could do that too, I was just going off the RMS power...

I dread the day I hear audiobahn components...

whata bout the second set of components or the infinity speakers? what should i wire them to? just so you know, i am prolly getting rid of the audiobahn components and getting focal components.

Originally posted by coolman91985 whata bout the second set of components or the infinity speakers? what should i wire them to? just so you know, i am prolly getting rid of the audiobahn components and getting focal components.
In that case just run your subs like JMac said and use the 800w amp in 4 channel mode to power all your speakers.

I just have to add that you will be highly impressed with the focals after listening to the audiobahns... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

coolman91985

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
coolman91985
Dallas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date