****ing pathetic

AScreenName
10+ year member

Custom User Text
somewhere
this does have to do with subs

so i go down to my local stereo shop today

they're having a sale thing outside and stuff so i go check it out. they have that one ford wannabe rice mobile, like the zx3 something and its got a bunch of **** by sony in it. it has 4 of the 5 sided red amps and 2 600 watt ones. it also has an enclosure in the middle of the back with 8 of the 5 sided 12's.

they don't even crank it really and it was pretty not loud. sounded pretty shitty too. so when they did give it some juice, honestly it was probably a little more than twice as loud as my 2 POS mtx 6000 10's (with 250 sony watts going to each). it was ****ing pathetic

somethings telling me that with that many subs and that much power.....it was just a wee bit louder than your mtx 10's. I have no doubt that it sounded like ****, but even in the worst enclosure, 8 12's get pretty f****** loud.

Not trying to be a jackass...but I did read before I wrote, and here is what I understood....you think that 8 12's with a hell of a lot more power were only twice as loud as two mtx 10's. Well...here is what I think, you are full of ****. I have heard 3 mtx 6000 10's in a ported box in an extended cab truck....I then heard 2 yes 2 sony explode 12's in a small car (with seats up) in a prefab sealed box....and well the sony's f***** up the mtx's hardcore, mind you the same amount of power was used.

So when I hear that 6 times the cone area and a whole lot more power into subs that I have heard, only got a little more than twice as loud....it is quite frankly well I can't seem to put it any better than complete BS.

Again, I don't mean to be a jackass, but it was deffinately much louder than double your setup. Now, this could be explained by your perception of sound...and not actual pressure (as a 3 dB increase is double the sound, but your brain really doesn't register it as double). So...sorry, but I have to defend myself on what I am saying...and thank you I did indeed read and understand your post

^^ Basically. Measuing how loud something is by ear is impossible. And once you get to a certain level of "loudness", hearing a difference of anything above that level becomes very difficult. An example of this is how many mics are only accurate up to 150db , and once you get above that level, it's a crapshoot. So it may have only sounded twice as loud, but in reality it was probably more than that.

But....I think the essence of this thread is that Sony fu*king *****. We can all agree on that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Originally posted by Gauntlet But....I think the essence of this thread is that Sony fu*king *****. We can all agree on that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Agreed

Yah i think i hold the record on blowing speakers with those sony expodes. I was only putting about 150 w to one speaker and after a week it blew, took it back exchange it cuz i thought it was faulty ( they were my first speakers ), put it in the box drove out the parking lot and before i could get started on the road, it was gone. Got another one, that one lasted a whoping 30 minutes.. lol. Then i finally got a kenwood cuz Sony ****. I personally don't know how they stay in buisiness. Not to sound like an A$$ or anything it is almost impossible for 8 12"s to have only a 3db gain over 2 10" with an equal or more amount of power. But sonys do **** really bad so they might me that sliver of possibleness.

Originally posted by bigred78797 Yah i think i hold the record on blowing speakers with those sony expodes. I was only putting about 150 w to one speaker and after a week it blew, took it back exchange it cuz i thought it was faulty ( they were my first speakers ), put it in the box drove out the parking lot and before i could get started on the road, it was gone. Got another one, that one lasted a whoping 30 minutes.. lol. Then i finally got a kenwood cuz Sony ****. I personally don't know how they stay in buisiness. Not to sound like an A$$ or anything it is almost impossible for 8 12"s to have only a 3db gain over 2 10" with an equal or more amount of power. But sonys do **** really bad so they might me that sliver of possibleness.
you blow em that fast even though i know they **** your doing something wrong plain and simple. my friend had 3 xplod Single 4ohm 10"s off his old RF bd1000.1 wired at 1.33 seeing about 1kw of power. they lasted for over 2 months before we said screw it and wired it to my buddy's Arc 2500 and blew the things away. i agree sony ***** also if they were the new pentagon sony's the 12"s are like 10" or smaller b/c of the design flaws.

adam

Yah the first two i had them turned up too loud and the sound was all distorted because they were my first speakers and i didn't know what to listen for. I was just thinking hey 150w rms subs 150w amp perfect match. But the last one they finally agreed to install it for free, so it was done my the certified guys and i didn't touch the settings and it still died in 30mins.

Originally posted by bigred78797 Yah the first two i had them turned up too loud and the sound was all distorted because they were my first speakers and i didn't know what to listen for. I was just thinking hey 150w rms subs 150w amp perfect match. But the last one they finally agreed to install it for free, so it was done my the certified guys and i didn't touch the settings and it still died in 30mins.
well i don't know what to tell you then man. it's weird i know they **** but i've seen em last for over 3-4 months. like i said my buddy ran 1200 watts slit between the 3 of them so 400 per and they lasted.

adam

im running a old sony 12" 200max, on an earthquake amp in a 3.0 ported box for a week now with no problems, and it gets pretty loud, but sounds like ****

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

AScreenName

10+ year member
Custom User Text
AScreenName
somewhere
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date