infinity kappa perfect 12.1 ported box help

spec
10+ year member

arkansas
i normally use factory specs on sub boxes. an installer told me that he could build a ported box bigger than the 1.75 factory recommended and it would sound better. he uses a computer program to design boxes. i will use a punch 360 amp and might move up to a jl500.1 in the future[if i get mine fixed]

i mostly listen to classic rock but jam to r &b and country also. i m mostly looking for sq but also like to loud sometimes. does any one have any experience with this sub in a

ported box. any advice on specs would be great

has anyone ran an infinity kappa perfect 12.1 in a ported box? should i go with factory specs of 1.75 cu. tuned to 32 hz.;or go a little bigger and or lower? right now i have one in a walmart sealed box powered by a os punch 360;and would love it in an optimal ported box.

I've ran the 10 and 12 inch Perfects. I ran the 12's in 2.25 cubes a pc. at around 32 hz. They sounded excellent. I think I could've even went to 2.5. 1.75 is going to choke it out. Excellent subs by the way. I'm getting another pair of 10's soon. Definitely in my top 3.

I ran 2 of those subs in 5 cubes total shared air space tuned to ~35 on a fosgate 1000.1bd. It was one of the best sounding systems I have ever had. Every genre of music sounded great on it. Low bass, high bass, it didn't matter; it all sounded great. This was in a small 2 door hatch back of some sort. I had some crazy door flex on 1000 watts.

thanks for the replies!!

i think i ll go with 2.25 @32 hz . would like to go a little bigger but i have limited space.

it sounds good in the seal walmart standard box can t wait to get it ported

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.