Infinity Kappa Four Overheats

Participant count
  • Participant list

gsuchyta
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I installed an infinity Kappa Four 4 channel amp in my friends cadillac along with a kinetik 1800 in the trunk and the dam amp keeps going into protect after listening to it for about 20 minutes and it's hot as hell. On the amp description it goes on raving for like 2 paragraphs how the amp won't heat up and will lower output to prevent from heating up and this thing heats up faster than hell I'm thinking it might be overdrawing current since that battery is right back there and there is a 150 amp fuse on it.

If I replaced that 150 amp fuse with say an 80 amp fuse would this prevent overdrawing current and not make the amp heat up so fast?

What else could cause this the speakers are 2 ohms but that shouldn't be a problem.

They are less than half way but I told him to turn them down and see if that helps. It just doesn't make sense it shouldn't be getting that hot and it doesn't make sense to me that it would be drawing too much current even if there is a 150 amp fuse on it for now till we get some distribution blocks.

Just doesn't make sense.

I'm going to try to find a better ground somewhere I guess for the back battery. Might be causing the voltage to drop and it draw more current.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.