Infinity BassLink

SaiyanEye
10+ year member

=={1981 Ford LTD}==
I was wondering if I got two Infinity Basslinks and put them under my front seat (I have a front bench seet, so yeah it is a "seat":yumyum: ), I am just wondering how hard these things would hit. I would hook them up to a power cap, and whatnot.

Can anyone help me then, I am looking to spend about $200 for this. I am looking for two 10" subwoofers that require a VERY small box that can hit hard and will fit under a seat in a car with ease. I don't know how much room I have under my seat, but I can maybe go 6"-7" tall (from floor to bottom of seat). And about 16" x 12" the other way.

You should get something like this and glass a box to the specs you need:

h023OD1000-o.jpeg

Blaupunkt isn't the only maker of this type of sub, but I can't comment on the type of output you should expect as I've never worked with them. You may want to take a look at the Elemental Designs EU700 sub. It has a depth of 3.6" and you may be able to get the sound you need out of it. If you use 3/4" MDF, you should have a 1" clearance if you mount them down firing.

Edit: Link: http://edesignaudio.com/product.php?cid=15&tab=Gallery&pid=32&cur=USD

I would have to recommend looking on eBay. They have great stuff, if you know who you are purchasing from. Look at the feedback on the people you plan on purchasing from, and make sure they have sold car audio before (that should be a given, but . . . .//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif ).

Basslinks ****........Truly

and putting a subwoofer under your front seat is ludacrus

more bass can be had for less money with a simple thing I call the

"BassLinkKilla" I have made this many times for various cars,its simple easy cheap

and very much more effective that than mass produced quasi bass machine

Infinitys likes to call "BassLink"

Go to Ikesound.com

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/483 BOX 23.00

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/1281 AMP 125.00

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/3008 SUB 73.00

total 221.00

you can get fancyier if you like,or bigger with a 12"

but this 221.00 set up will smoke a basslink

and it will also show your friends that "you know the deal" and

can make it yourself,but better

Basslinks ****........more bass can be had for less money with a simple thing I call the "BassLinkKilla", its very much more effective than than the mass produced quasi bass machine Infinitys likes to call "BassLink"
Hi excelerater:

Could you elaborate on what "*****" about the Basslink?

By "more effective" and "smoking" the Basslink, do you mean the setup you recommend will produce tighter, cleaner, more accurate sounding lows that integrate seamlessly with the mids and provide a natural balanced sound that reproduce the music the way the artists recorded the sound, or do you mean it will provide higher sound pressure levels and a more noticible thumping sound in the bass region? I'm particularly interested in how these subs would compare with typical classic rock music, blues and jazz (accustic double bass) and orchestral classic music including pipe organ. I have no interest in rap, hip hop, techno, dance, beat, etc.

Thanks,

TomBk

Seriously though basslink is all an around bad idea for that speciffic install.....whether u are trying 2 reproduce classical music or rap...find a nice 10 inch sub with a shallow depth and either get box plans from someone on here or just try it yourself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.