Infinity 1262W

So I got my Infinity 1262W 12" sub installed two weeks ago and I've had time to dial it in. I wired it for 2 ohms with 8 gauge wire I had laying around. I silver soldered the wires to the tabs while compressing the wire in place with pliers to make sure i got a good strong joint.

I put them in a ported enclosure I got free from the neighbor that is 1.5 cubic feet so it's .25 cubes too big and infinity recommends a sealed box. I had some reservations. I'm powering it with a Soundstream Rub 1.400.

My impression so far is that I'm getting nice tight bass where I want it with some boom thrown in on certain recordings. I wish different recordings weren't so far apart on the low end. I could just about adjust for 70% of what I have on my thumb drive if I wasn't training myself to put up with the changes between recordings. Mostly I wish some of the older rock recordings bottomed out a bit lower.

Anyway, for what I listen to (classic rock, lots of alternative, blues and some country) it fits my needs nicely.

For $50 shipped you can't do much better.

so this is a build log....or, i'm missing the point.
It's a review of the sub.

There's a lot of people on this forum and others that have recommended this as a good budget sub. Can't really find too many bad reviews on them. Here's a guy off Amazon that's running 6 of them: Customer Image Gallery for Infinity Reference 1262w 12-Inch 1200-Watt High-Performance Subwoofer (Dual Voice Coil)

Actually thinking about 3 or 4 of the 10's in my wife's minivan... Been planning that build for about a year now and can't decide.

Hey, for 50 with free shipping (onlinecarstereo) it's hard to go wrong for a budget system with this sub. It's in my 2009 civic sedan and it'll definitely make the mirrors jump. I'm toying with the idea of building a sealed box that's 1.25 Cubic Ft. per spec, just to see what the difference is. It would be great if I found it sounded as good or better and was a bit more compact.

I've got a table saw and plenty of carpentry experience so it would be a snap to do it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

inspector3711
Seattle Area
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from