Inexpensive single din in-dash DVD /w motorized LCD

crashprime
10+ year member

Does such a thing exist that is worth purchasing? I am looking to add an in-dash DVD unit to my longbox extended cab pickup so I can put a back-up camera on it. It's pretty tricky getting in and out of some parking spots around town, and I'd love to have the camera assist.

So, that being said, are any of the inexpensive (

So far on my search I've found some Power Acoustik DVD units that seem to get good reviews on Amazon.com (ptid 8920b and it's variants all 4 1/2 star), and also a Jensen/Phaselinear UV10 that seems to get reasonable reviews as well.

They are both right around $200 and both have the ability to add a backup camera, in addition to having a 7" motorized LCD touch screen, and 3 sets of pre-outs (front/back/sub). They seem like real values, but I can't go touch one of these, and have to trust the internet to guide me in the right direction. Unfortunately nobody has done any in-depth youtube videos on these that I can find either so I am going in totally blind.

I've been asking about the same power acoustic head units. So far the answer I'm getting is that they are worth $200 but that that's about it. Maybe someone with personal experience will chime in.

I had a Pio for about 2 years but it just didn't cut it for me sound wise. I've heard a few people who've had good luck w/ Clarions though. Personally, I'd go Alpine/Kenwood.

Can't remember exact model (think it was the DEH-P4300DVD) but I got it for $400 on last year model clearance @ a local shop. Was worth it for the while but I realized I didn't need a DVD in my ride.

I would check out pioneer
I checked them out. Their current single-din AVH-P6300BT is $830, nothing close to my original search criteria.

I had a Pio for about 2 years but it just didn't cut it for me sound wise. I've heard a few people who've had good luck w/ Clarions though. Personally, I'd go Alpine/Kenwood.
Can't remember exact model (think it was the DEH-P4300DVD) but I got it for $400 on last year model clearance @ a local shop. Was worth it for the while but I realized I didn't need a DVD in my ride.
DEH-P4300DVD is a double din. I am looking for single din.

I checked them out. Their current single-din AVH-P6300BT is $830, nothing close to my original search criteria.

Either way I can't really remember model but it WAS a single din.... now that's gonna bug the hell out of me.

i may be able to do better on this price ,but not 2-300

i may be able to do better on this price ,but not 2-300
Yea, I am seeing online at around $550 for this unit. $450 for a refurb. Still pretty expensive considering the actual feature set isn't that impressive.

I was really hoping there was a generation old close out model people would recommend, or even one of these not-known-for-being-amazing brands that had a bright star among their mediocre line-ups.

I'd normally avoid brands like Pyle, Boss, Jensen, Power Acoustik like the plague, but I am running some pretty modest coaxials right off the head unit. I'm not looking for top of the line at my price range .. I just don't want to feel ripped off, you know?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.