In dash DVD screen

Blackwidow13
10+ year member

Stl, MO
I have heard a lot of people who had there screen hooked up by someone like best buy or circuit city say that it wont play movies and stuff if the car isnt in park. Is That an internal feature or by hooking it up myself can i get around that? Or are these people all lying to me so i dont have **** just as cool as theirs?

most in-dash DVD players have to by law provide a function that keeps you from watching DVD/TV while the car is moving.

Buying and connecting a TR-7 switch will bypass this function and allow you to do it.

I'm not an expert, but I believe that if you find the parking brake wire (that controls if movies can be played) and ground it, you're good.

I'm not an expert, but I believe that if you find the parking brake wire (that controls if movies can be played) and ground it, you're good.
your correct. the in-dash has a wire that is integrated into the parking brake, making sure that the parking brake is in use in order to play the movie. if you bypass the parking brake, you can watch the movie while driving.

Actually that isn't true, alpine and kenwood both have a sequence you have to go through.

For Alpine - depress foot break, press ebrake, release ebrake, press ebrake, release footbrake.

I believe kenwood's is similar.

The TR-7 will emulate this sequence when ignition is on.

I just heard of this silly thing today.

I am new to having a DVD in the car and right now I am waiting on my Cruchfield delivery.

Looking over the online install manual I see a green wire that needs to go to what looks like the parking brake light. ( not sure )

It Looks to be a serious pain in the ass, I have to run a wire to the fuse box and tap into the harness behind it.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Please; are any of you guys familiar with the Kenwood KVT-512 DVD single din in dash unit?

It would be great to know for sure if this wire is just a ground that I can nail down close to the head?

Uncle Same watching out for our safetly ...... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

Thanks - Great forum!

Yes,

It shows a "Lt Green" wire and the only thing it says is " connect to the parking brake detection switch harness "

It doesn't say what wire, what color etc?

I am still searching the heck out of the forums, it looks like the Jenson guys have sequences up the gazzooo //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif to over-ride theirs.

It would be great if you are correct, I am gong to start this mission this weekend. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

im tellin you...Mount the green wire with the ground first. My kenwood isnt that old and it worked. I searched forums for this answer. Hopefully that didnt change anything besides removing the brain as a separate unit

No doubt, I will do what you suggest, and thanks for letting me know. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm trying to remember back to my school shop days, by the looks of this diagram from the kenwood user install manual it doesn't look like a power line\circuit.

Is this similar to what you had?

Thank you!

This should be easier to see, I am not doubting you brother.

Just trying to cover all my bases, we all know what it's like when things go smooth and then you get agravated.

Remember what that prick Han's did to me?

SHOOT THE GLASS! SHOOT THE GLASS!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

screenshot.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Blackwidow13

10+ year member
Blackwidow13
Stl, MO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from