In a Gadda-Da-Vida

Hello,

I think "In a Gadda-Da-Vida" is a pretty awesome song to listen to on car audio equipment.

However, all recordings I've been able to find are crappy, done on c1968 equipment.

I have to compensate a lot with the EQ and I don't like that.

Does anyone know if there's a rebassed, or at least a remastered, version out there?

Regards,

Josh

Hello,
I think "In a Gadda-Da-Vida" is a pretty awesome song to listen to on car audio equipment.

However, all recordings I've been able to find are crappy, done on c1968 equipment.

I have to compensate a lot with the EQ and I don't like that.

Does anyone know if there's a rebassed, or at least a remastered, version out there?

Regards,

Josh
gotta be 1 somewhere, did u check amazon music?

lol and yeah already got me.. i thought bout mysharona other day..
bahhhhhhhhhhhhahaha,.. its been in my head playing over and over since i read the title in the most recent,..
now thanks to grandpa up here,.. im singing cheech marin's "my scrotum"
that song only comes to mind when i have a bottle of mexican cerveza in hand and then im singin "my corona!!"

A lot of old recordings are very sad to listen to loud. A good sound system was just so unaffordable in days gone by nobody bothered to mix quality full range music.

A lot of old recordings are very sad to listen to loud. A good sound system was just so unaffordable in days gone by nobody bothered to mix quality full range music.
Sound systems werent the issue, recording equipment was. Degradation of the original pressings is also to blame here. Some recordings were converted over to and remastered at the highest available digital media in the 80s much to the chagrin of analog purists and it helped somewhat, but the limitation of the microphones of the day and the medium to which they were recording are the real culprits and some of them are just lost to the effects of time has on tapes

more on this topic, my dad was by no means a rich man back in the mid 60s when much of the innagaddadavida era stuff was recorded, but he had a sansui receiver (which weighed like 90 lbs) and a pair of sansui speakers with a PA style 12" 2 4" mids and 2 compression tweeters with adjustable passive xovers on them purchased in 1965. He also had a TEAC reel to reel and a DUAL turntable, the last two items i currently own. The receiver and speakers went by the wayside shortly after i graduated high school but i had full access to them as a child and would crank them up regularly. They sounded absolutely awesome!! When i was a kid i didnt appreciate them fully because i looked at them as "old tech that just cant keep up with modern stuff", how wrong i was. Shoulda listened to my ears and not my stupid brain for thinking that just because its old doesnt mean it cant rock out!

more on this topic, my dad was by no means a rich man back in the mid 60s when much of the innagaddadavida era stuff was recorded, but he had a sansui receiver (which weighed like 90 lbs) and a pair of sansui speakers with a PA style 12" 2 4" mids and 2 compression tweeters with adjustable passive xovers on them purchased in 1965. He also had a TEAC reel to reel and a DUAL turntable, the last two items i currently own. The receiver and speakers went by the wayside shortly after i graduated high school but i had full access to them as a child and would crank them up regularly. They sounded absolutely awesome!! When i was a kid i didnt appreciate them fully because i looked at them as "old tech that just cant keep up with modern stuff", how wrong i was. Shoulda listened to my ears and not my stupid brain for thinking that just because its old doesnt mean it cant rock out!
Dad had a Kenwood set when I was born. The speakers were amazing, something like two horn tweeters, regular tweeter, midrange, and 12" sub in each cabinet. I'd be rebuilding them today.

Likewise, the receiver finally lost a ground and Dad had no inclination to fix it. I should have, but had no time.

I have Dad's last turntable. He finally started using mp3 or satellite and all-in-one stereo systems.

Josh

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Wabatuckian
Indiana
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
youdoofus
20240518_170822.jpg