Imprint Experiences

Envoy62
10+ year member

El Paso
What about people posting their experiences and observations with the Imprint kit used on the CDA 9887 here.

I did run several measurements today and i summarize my observations here folowing.

Ther software itself was install without a problem and ran on the first try.

The first run i used the all positions setting and upon completion downloaded the reference curve and the reference curve with mid range compensation. I ran the system and listen to several different tracks, instrumental and vocals. What i noticed was that stage is not optimal fro the driver seat. The stage is not centerd in front, i gues that this is due to the compromises that the software has to make to find a good compromise for all seat positions. Switching between the 2 curves didn't reveal much difference but to be honest i didn;t spend much time listening to the differences because the stage being of annoyed me. So i ran the measurement again in the egoist mode driver seat. In addition to this i figured i will do atest and see if i download only one curve to position 1 does the previous curve 2 stays in the memory. Well after downloading the curve to memory 1 and running the system there was no 2nd curve stored. That means that the unit clears all the curves before a new one is downloaded. This is really bad because it would be nice to have a driver oriented curve and all seats curve saved.

Well the results from that second try were stage wise spot on, very nice stage exactly in front of driver seat. Switching off MEQ and comparing to my manual time correction showed the same result from a stage location standpoint. The sound with MEQ is more refined then my manual adjustment. The highs are less harsh and the system can play also with some really high volume without distortion (my manual setup would not play clean as loud).

All in all the meq system makes tuning easier and will definetly help people that don;t want to spend large amounts of time tuning their system. But i also think that there will be a lot of people who won't like the MEQ sound tuning and prefer setting the system to their likeing by tuning the internal equalizer to give thgem the sound they want.

There are a few questions that i have found no information so far what are the differences between the 3 curve options the Imprint software calculates.

Some points i noticed was that the first measurement took the longest, i believe here the software determines what type of system is hooked up, i have no rear speakers. So i think once the system has run the first measurement and the response form the test tones are analyzed to determine what system is used and the next measurements are not spending any time on rear speakers. The same with the left and right sub woofer on the screen it was obvious that the right one was used to make the measurements because in my system there is only one sub.

Would be nice i we could have users post theur observations here, so that other users can use this as a reference.

Thanks

Robert

From what I've been reading from the people who have used the imprint so far, most seem to like the sound of the system when they run the setup for just the driver's seat, or the driver's seat and front passenger seats only, rather than doing it for all 6 seating positions. Also, how do you like the way the imprint has your sub setup? Most people say the sub is lacking the way imprint sets it up and they end up turn up their sub output to get the response they prefer.

I have currently some issues with my subwoofer, but that has nothing to do with imprint even when running standard mode the output seems to be to low. I'm currently trying to figure out why it's not working right.

Besides that my system uses Rainbow Germaniums and these play down low fairly well and i really don't need any more bass.

Regards

Robert

Anyone else have experience with the Imprint stuff? I just got my iva-w505 and am debating on whether or not to pick this up, I was reading the owners manual and it tells you to turn your LPF off and to turn the amp gains down a little?? I didnt really understand how exactly it sets up...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.