Impressed with Cadence CWM6 Components

dftnz7
10+ year member

^F o r u m Boner^
Just got done installing a set of the Cadence CWM6 comps for a friend of mine. Have to say I am very impressed overall with them. Very beefy mid, pictures don't do it justice. Very eye appealing upon install. Look like a much more expensive set than what they are.

Once we got them hooked up we gave them a listen across a variety of music. Nice warm, mellow mid, very balanced. Didn't need much tuning at all to make them sound great. Midbass I thought blew my PG RSDs out of the water when new, pretty similar now that my RSDs are broken in. If these get better with breakin they will be significantly better in the midbass category. What I like about them better than my RSDs is that they have a more balanced midrange, the vocals don't overwhelm the rest of the content. I like the RSD tweet a tick more, but with the Cadence Xover set at -3db they sound really nice.

These things get LOUD and with the HP set at 63 or 80 hz they wouldn't break up until they were way louder than listenable volume. Seem to have a pretty long throw as well.

He had them running off around 150wrms or so from an older soundstream amp. This was pickup truck install like mine but his is a GMC and mine is Dodge. Same brand of sound deadening, same method of doing it. So I think it is pretty good basis for comparison.

I definitely recommend these speakers to anyone looking for a good budget set of comps--they are worth considerably more than what they sell for. With the PG RSDs so hard to find I wouldn't be afraid to take these at all. And Cadence has treated me very well in the past with fast shipping, good CS, and Jason Paul has always answered all my PMs professionally and promptly on the boards.

wow nice review. I've been wondering how these compared against the RSD65 since they were the 2 main options for me after researching around. but ya I ended up buying both sets and jus installed the rsd's the other day (w/ a Cadence Amp).. and so far are soundin good to my ears, and have enough midbass for my taste.

but what caught my attention in your review was that the Cadence comps have an even more balanced midrange than the PG's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif .. makes me wanna pull em out of its box and try em out soon than to jus sell them off that.. ill see though, might take me a while.. lol.

Also, the Cadence are abit lower priced than PG RSD's, for $75 + Free shipping

http://www.cadencestore.com/ProductCart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=126&idproduct=194

danm not bad //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Both are pretty similar. Cadence has the beefier mid, but that doesn't mean anything. It woulod be nice to hear them both in the same install to really really know, but I think both are very good for the money...if you have both swap em and see which one you like better? If the RSDs have enough midbass for you now, wait til they break in. Mine hardly had any midbass until they were a week old.

I am about to install these in a friends TC...the mid is very beefy and looks well built (other than the glue holding down the spider)...the tweeter is pretty tiny, and it comes with EVERYTHING you need...75 shipped can't be beat...

I'll post my thoughts when I have them running...

I was tickled pink when I installed these that they magically fit into the stock tweeter mount in the GMC door. The stock had a flange around it that twists into two locking tabs. I had already figured we would be flush mounting the tweeter in the sail panel, but for shits and giggles I tried it and presto, the buggers fit right into the locking tabs perfectly and all I had to do was splice the wiring as we had the tweeters mounted. Saved us some time.

I thought the glue on the mids my friend had looked pretty decent? These are Chinese built so I suppose some variation is going to occur. But then again that's why they cost $75.

Hmm this is back from the dead...

I just rode with my buddy the other night in his truck that I installed these in for him...and it reconfirmed for me that they really are nice speakers for the money. With them fully broken in now, they are pretty impressive. If his sub sounded better it would be a really great system. He is running an SSD and, to my ears, just sounds sloppy. I have messed with the Xovers, direction it is aimed, bass level, etc. and we just cannot get the overhang out of it. It is LOUD and plays LOW, just doesn't sound as good as the three different brands of subs I am running in my various installs. And a larger box is not an option. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.