impossible solution to amp static?

rockyrocker

so I've posted this on like 3 or 4 forums and its been sitting there for days and I've gotten no responses at all so maybe y'all can help me out! i think i have an amp problem. with my amp out of the car on the kitchen table running off a car battery with two 8 inch 4awg wires running from negative to battery negative and positive along with a 22guage remote wire to the positive battery terminal. i hook all those connections up clean and tight and plug in a tweeter and i get crazy static. i turned the gain up and down and it changes with the sound. this amp is a jl audio xd1000/5v2. and i also did this on a mono sub amp (jl audio jx 500/1d) and i got the same static. i have brand new rockford fosgate wiring. i would appreciate any help i could get. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

For one, use something else besides a tweeter. A tweeter requires some sort of crossover network AND some mid fill or else it will sound very weird.

Use a coaxial speaker or something.

Second.. you didn't explain how you are feeding signal into the amplifier?

Possibly those cables are bad?

Possibly the source is bad?

Possibly the amp is bad?

I can keep guessing until all the information is provided.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.