Imperium Audio Designs 4" Coil line

I see no point in such a high level of excursion. the only time that I have ever seen it needed is when people try to play low 20hz drops in a 20 cu ft wall tuned to 50hz... subs fly then, but honestly, if you know what you are doing, what is the point of 4" of excursion?
Some of us old school guys still run sealed enclosures, homie. It's all about excursion when it comes to output or extension. If you want both, you need extremes. Other than that, I'm glad that when I accidentally exceed my normal comfort zone of mechanical throw that my drivers have the ability to cope with about 3.5" of movement. Could be certain death for many drivers but it let's me play for another day, lol.

Possible surrounds of the 2k line.

373cd5ad71ec37098e3666b1be94954f_zps4d306d56.jpg

i like foam surrounds more //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif looks good man. get some parts together and get some broken in TSP's.

The 2k line motors will be shipping on the 15th and we just finalized the coil designs. I have all new spider samples on the way here for these that will be here in 1 week. all nomex and a bit over 10" progressive roll with flat ribbon lead wires. Getting there! 18s coming along.

Does this mean a few mo. shipping window? No idea how far along the research and finalization progress of these things is. Looking to do a couple installs within the summer and would love to have some nice showy excursiony performance products to use. The wattage rating is also a good bonus //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Does this mean a few mo. shipping window? No idea how far along the research and finalization progress of these things is. Looking to do a couple installs within the summer and would love to have some nice showy excursiony performance products to use. The wattage rating is also a good bonus //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I hoping to have the very small quantity being produced. Wrapped up by the end of July.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

g6ryder

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
g6ryder
Claremore, OK
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date