I'm so happy!!!

Personally if I were doing a "budget" RF build I'd be looking for used older amps and subs. 
Me too. She is sticking to her guns. She said she wants brand new stuff for her brand new Jeep. I understand her thought process though. She has never had a "new" car before, she is just excited plus, it gives me an excuse to use some of my install gear since I haven't got my next vehicle yet to start my own build. The cool thing about the Jeep Renegade is that the front door 6x9's are vertical then tilted forward toward the front of the vehicle. The tweeters on the RF Pro 6x9's are angled. I will be able to mount them so that the tweeters are firing somewhat toward the driver. Yay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure you dont wire the sub to 4 ohms this time ?
It will be at 2ohms lol. That was definitely HER fault though. She let me listen to her factory stereo how she would listen to it... I ask her "don't you hear that?"As soon as I heard her say "Hear what?" I knew she blew the sub because she is clueless about what speakers in distress sound like. Her stock speakers were overdriving bad and she was like idk, it sounds "normal' ? I am going to do my best to make it dummy proof and I am also going to try to educate her on better music sources and recording qualities. Like you all said, make it loud enough that she doesn't want to turn it up louder.

That's kind of what it costs if you actually do R&D and want any sort of modern design.  

Sundown 1100.5 is over 400$ and that's cookie cutter S&I fare.  

Personally if I were doing a "budget" RF build I'd be looking for used older amps and subs. 
Yeah I realize that.....those specific RF amps are pretty pricey. Gotta remember I too have a pretty big 5 ch amp in my posession which I paid 330 bucks for.

I remember paying a pretty penny for my Reference 705 back in the day. Had to be over a grand. I put that thing to work, though. It was a great amp to have in your arsenal until subwoofers switched over to being lower efficiency type monsters. I finally sold it in '99 for around $650.

That would be Ideal way to go there.dedicated sub amp and dedicated 4 ch. keep running a bit cooler and some power on tap for the $

She keeps spitting out ideas about what she wants. The cargo area is small but is layered... may have to go shallow sub.

Here is a shot with the first floor up, the Jeep logo also folds up exposing a spare tire cover?? Not sure as we haven't pulled that out yet. I had my Obcon single 12 inch slot port box in there and it almost took up half the cargo area... a little less than half side to side. This is going to be challenging.

20180809_165227.jpg

You could throw a Dayton HO 10 in there.Only need 1 CU FT sealed? It did well for me in 1.6 at approx. 35 htz. on approx,600 rms@ 2 ohms mono.in a crv till I upgraded to a pair in 2.4 sealed

She is sticking to all Rockford Fosgate. I think once she gets used to the Jeep she will care less and less about the lack of rear cargo space and she wont mind giving some up for bass. I have been checking fabric stores for material to cover the enclosures and panels or amp rack. This is getting on my nerves... My brother has a fairly new Dodge Dart, My sister has a new Renegade, My dad has a new Sentra... I have a 1995 POS Jeep Grand Cherokee. On the up side, I am the only one without a car payment.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.