im so confused

Participant count
  • Participant list
just purchased a new amp and in the process of tuning.Ive been reading off and on all day on high and low pass filters . my problem lies in the fact that I cant disable the filters on amp or head. my reading says to use one or the other but not both.whats the solution? its seems I have to use both if I cant turn them off.

The one you don't use just turn all the way up or down. The one you use will be used before the one you don't.

Example. LPF. Set amp to 60 set HU to 100. It will never see the 100 since the Amp is cutting it off before. You have to take into account the slopes so set it as high as possible.

that's the conclusion I came to. but what if I want to control at head unit? for example lpf at head 60 and amp 100 ? Being that the 60 comes in under the 100? This would be my sub channel of course. sorry for badgering but let me confirm. if I choose to control at head then I set amp higher, and if I choose to control at amp then set head unit settings higher? and yes my amp does have a full range for my components. so this means I don't have to worry about filtering and let the component crossovers taking care of it? would I still set the hpf at the head to highest setting?

If you want to control the HPF from the head unit, then set the amp to "full" operation. For the sub amp, set the LPF to the highest frequency possible, then set the LPF on your head unit. The passive x-overs that came with the speakers only separate which frequencies go to the tweeter and which to the mid, so you you can use the HPF on your head unit to cut out the lower frequencies.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.