I'm not sure what to believe any more

wishbone
10+ year member

NJ
Back in the days I never questioned the rms watts ratings on speakers. I have heard 4 6x9's sound like 2 12" woofers when mounted in the back deck of a Huyndai. The question I am asking you sound enthusiast is, what are we to believe when it comes to choosing subwoofers ? 30 dollars for any speakers would have sent me running away as fast as I could in the past. I was always always taught you normally pay 1 dollar a watt on amps, and speakers but looking at some of the prices on some not so cheap looking speakers puzzles me when trying to choose my next set of subs to beat up on.

WishBone

Ok, i think his point was back in the day what the RMS said in the manual would be ture, now all the companies are liying out there asses and dont know what to believe.

I did believe the same thing back in the day. Now I purchased an entire Infinity ref series speakers all 8 and a 5 ch amp for less than what it did cost me for four speakers. They sound amazing extremely tight bass and very very loud is they need to be. Just look for efficient speakers that don't require alot of power to sound good. Look for great frequency response and versatile in the their mountings. If an amp the size of a shoe box says it produces 3000 watts don't believe it. It takes a ton of heat sink space to cool something or fans to produce that much power also large power wire is required. Look for RMS ratings and last but not least look for honest reviews on the equipment you like. Pay less about how much they cost. Hope this helps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.